• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

An average day

ICE

So Cal Edison I doubt will be amused, and I hope you were not either. :eek:
I doubt that Edison would have a problem with this. The picture came from another inspector. We both got a good laugh out of it. He said that the contractor was a no show. He plans on meeting the contractor and asking him to open up the old enclosure.

e hilton

Bronze Member
How does the contractor propose to secure the old meter opening? Hopefully something better than a piece of cardboard.

ICE

How does the contractor propose to secure the old meter opening? Hopefully something better than a piece of cardboard.
We require a metal meter blank. Some inspectors will not allow any panel enclosure to be converted to a junction box. I am mostly okay with the conversion if the existing enclosure is surface mounted and can drain water. This setup is a lot of work to be so completely wrong.

ICE

The inspection was for an electric service panel upgrade. The first picture was how it was presented. I exclaimed that the stucco needs to be removed for inspection.

20210309_215300936_iOS.jpeg

The contractor exclaimed, "I have a picture from before the stucco was finished". He sent this next picture.

20210306_225135964_iOS.jpeg

20210306_225135964_iOS 2.jpeg

tmurray

He had a photo from before the stucco was finished. Meaning he knew it was a required inspection, he was just hoping not to get called out on it.

Reactions: ICE

my250r11

Sawhorse
our elec. insp. is always having issue with panels in stucco walls. Not sure why the contractors don't use panels like that here. Maybe price or they just don't know. If is listed to use that way, it would be a great alterative.

Last edited: