• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

An average day

The job: install new A/C coil and condenser. There is a condensate pump in the return air plenum.

16123379240_f21123648d_c.jpg

That pump is plugged into a receptacle that has been pulled out of the wall.

16284810606_ea3253b164_b.jpg

And this was done by a licensed contractor.

Last edited:
MASSDRIVER said:
FYI. Those suck.Brent.
Now you tell me! I just bought a box of those to hold up the insulation that fell when the sprinkler head froze and broke. But the wire has got to be better than the baling twine I was going to use.

ICE said:
The job is a furnace and A/C condenser. They insisted that none of the duct was replaced and they reused the existing line set. The furnace is in a closet but I wanted to see in the attic. Well when I asked they said that they didn't bring a step ladder. So one of the corrections was to provide attic access. As it turns out, there isn't an access other than this.

Should I tell Flipper that he needs running boards? I wonder how that translates into Spanish.

Did they caulk the joints on their T-111 or are they just in the middle of painting?... :)

"what lath nails?"

Is the queen bee home?

Wonder if they use that ladder with the built in bubble to determine a ramp slope before they pour?

pc1

When we go out there and don't mention the fact that you got a little carried away with the bootlegged patio cover we send a message that may not be appropriate. But that's the way we are, especially with solar. It's like, "get it on the roof no matter what". If the building isn't on fire it qualifies for solar.

16149833248_2bd631066f_b.jpg

Last edited:
They filled these gas cans and drove out without securing them. They're just sitting in the back and these two are hoping all goes well. There's eight or ten of them.

16336776242_31d5ac1d7e_b.jpg

Last edited:
Did you now that every section of rail is required to have two supports? So far it doesn't matter who's racking it is because all that I have seen have that requirement. You will find it in the manual at rail splicing. It says that there shall be a minimum of two supports on each side of a splice.

16151307957_3b66a93948_b.jpg

Last edited:
ICE;

The cantilever looks a bit too long as well.

Fill me in on those rack rail connectors to (hopefully) structure below, waterproofing looks a bit dodgy.

ICE said:
They filled these gas cans and drove out without securing them. They're just sitting in the back and these two are hoping all goes well. There's eight or ten of them.
What could possibilly go wrong???

I didn't recall seeing any elephants in this neighborhood....maybe that's why these guys were surprised when I told them to get the elephant shlt out of the street.

16164214450_6f0ce9b9b8_b.jpg

Last edited:
16342917311_b1c67d88f1_b.jpg

That house is worth at least $800K .. as is

At first glance the pipe looks like the Sun killed it. Then I noticed the runs in the paint. The shingles look like a can of paint exploded.

16342927531_fa45496997_b.jpg

Last edited:
The superintendent asked me to write a correction on the drains. Obviously they will create a puddle before the aqua gets in. He thinks that they should be flush.

15737029203_b4a94a03be_c.jpg

16331032666_4820bb1eec_c.jpg

Here's my thinking. These curb cuts allow the water to flow into a percolation area. So if the drain is set flush the aqua will hit the street instead of the percolation area.

So I did write a correction. It said, "Set the parking lot drains to an elevation that works". That should make everybody happy.

Last edited:
Is it a drain for the concrete, or a landscaping outlet?

If it's an outlet you want it higher, then it bubbles out and flows down the curb.

Brent.

MASSDRIVER said:
Is it a drain for the concrete, or a landscaping outlet?If it's an outlet you want it higher, then it bubbles out and flows down the curb.

Brent.
I'll be finding out when the right person gets the correction notice.

FV,

Pretty interesting stairway pic's while you were on vacation in a third world somewhere I bet?

pc1