• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

An average day

No, no, don't tell me....I can get this....OK, it's pex, cable and csst....something must be wrong 'cause he took a picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
Again with the drywall screws.

At least it wasn't a contractor. Twenty-one corrections. Nineteen of which were related to the service upgrade. A new furnace and a/c were installed without permits and I didn't inspect that work. When I gave the corrections to the owner she said that the guy was coming back anyway because the a/c does not work. I thought, well with any luck at all, the furnace won't work when he gets done.

If you are talking about this:

I don't know. It is not a back-feed because the service drop is tied in already.

basements you need basement for the panels, water heater, washing machines and all that stuff that gets cobber onto the outside, then the problems will dissipate

There's a bunch of them.

It's been on the roof for about a month. That's a TV antenna that shades the module. It gives the pigeons a place to sit while they sh⚕t.

It is a new house being built by a licensed contractor.

This is some unlicensed HD contractor doing a service upgrade. That's the water pipe bond.

Oh no sir. They are ready for inspection. The guy standing next to me when I took the photo said, "We can straighten them out before we call for inspection"

The patio cover spans the entire house and wouldn't pass inspection by a long shot. It has been there for a long time.

They added this little bit to the end of it and somebody complained.

As far as violations go, they racked up a bunch of them.

According to them, the trailer is not, and never has been occupied while being stored on the property.

14' deep. They are going to place two grease interceptors for one car wash.....if they live through this.

There's a head in that hard hat....or maybe not

A little green fingernail polish and I might have missed it.

ICE said:
14' deep. They are going to place two grease interceptors for one car wash.....if they live through this.View attachment 784

There's a head in that hard hat....or maybe not
I was wrong, it is four. This car wash is costing upwards of 3.2 million dollars to build. I can't see people paying much more than eight dollars to run their car through the tunnel. That means that it will take 400,000 washes to break even.

Last edited:
I was watching the 30 for 30 documentary "Broke", on the way pro athletes blow through money and wind up in bankruptcy a large percentage of the time. One of the bad investments discussed were carwashes.

Seems there is a racket going to sell people of means but not much brains on the carwash deal. It would take over 100 washes a day for 10 years just to cover the construction of the one ICE is showing. Just construction.

Brent.