• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Attention code book collectors!

You are not alone, I am the black hole of codes. Some date to 1900! Many cities, UBC, NEC, Plumbing, Fire Underwriters, Pencil Points, Graphic Standards, Steel manuals, Carnigie, etc. (smiling)
Let me know if you need any of these to fill in your collection. Tell me if there is something you are looking for.

Raid and old contractors store did you?
Ha, ha! I was the lucky recipient of a couple career-long collections. I want to pass that gift forward to others that may be missing some books.

Any pre IBC among those?
Just scored a pristine copy (like new) of 1971 LACounty single volume BC (including Mech, elec & plumb'g)

Not sure what you mean by "Pre IBC"? That's basically the whole collection. IBC is a modern code. You may like this video, ADAguy. I've got a dozen or so CA local codes from the 70's and earlier. A few from LA.

The first ever 1927 model code by a code organization, and Berkley CA promptly rewrites and republishes it! Crazy!

Have LA 1900 and most 20's thru the present. Looking for 1930's to 40's UBC's (as in pre -IBC) (smiling)

Sold! How do I get them?
Yeah.... that's the catch, sorry. I will only trade these for ones of equal rarity. They are hard to put a dollar value on. They are incredibly rare (low supply), yet they break the "rule" in that there is also low demand. The value is easier in "collector" value terms. Which for me... is other books. The problem is that I can't even FIND the book I want, regardless of money. So... better tell me what duplicates you have!

So here is whats left of my duplicates available for trade after Glenn grabbed a few.

1 - 1990 BOCA National Building Code
2 - 1996 BOCA National Building Code
1 - 1990 BOCA Property Maintenance Code
1 - 1996 BOCA Property Maintenance Code
2 - 1990 BOCA Plumbing Code
1 - 1984 BOCA Mechanical COde
1 - 1990 BOCA Mechanical Code
2 - 1984 BOCA Existing Structures Code
1 - 1987 BOCA Energy Code
1 - 1990 BOCA Energy Code
2 - 1990 BOCA Fire Code
2 - 1996 BOCA Fire Code