• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

ICC announces new Code Forum!

Yep,

The ICC is a swell organization. It asks the old timers that it screwed; to help bring back the Bulletin Board; and build it up; so the new guys will come to their website.

You get the disrespect you deserve; if you go back there.

Uncle Bob

Young kids have been brainwashed by the public school systems into believing in saving the earth and redistributing the wealth to the third world. We old timers don't buy into it, so they want those already conditioned into believing this crap, and in most of your cases enforcing the draconian regulations.

The next generation to be brained washed. They know they have lost it with the present code officials. Smart move on the part of ICC. They realize they need fresh blood in the seats to continue thier business plan. We all have paid our dues, bought the books and test and have a pocket full of certs that are worthless if they fold. To keep the doors open, the need a future infusion of cash. If they focus on the under forty crowd they will have an income stream for at least 10 years. Or until they figure out the ponzi scheme.

I'm 38. We have one inspector who is younger than I am but she does code enforcement and property maintenance.

Jobsaver,

Starting to get the hair on the ears......and I am not happy about it.

Wait until the hairs in your nose are longer than the ones on your head!

Now this is funny!

I filled out the survey for 35 and younger. Now for those of you who know me, know 35 was a long time ago! So I lied about my age just to see what happened. Received this email today.

Dear Mr. *****,

On behalf of the International Code Council (ICC), thank you for

responding to the survey of younger code officials. As a follow-up,

McKinley Marketing, Inc. will be conducting interviews on behalf of

the ICC to gather your perceptions on the code development process.

ICC would like to ensure that the needs and expectations of young

professionals are considered as they consider potential ways to

enhance the process.

Please let me know your availability, indicating specific days and

times as well as best contact information, to participate in a 10

minute telephone interview between now and January 12. We will

follow up with specifics as we schedule our interviews.

Thank you in advance for your participation, and for the contribution

you are making to the ICC’s future.

Warm regards,

Marti

Marti Campo

Research Associate

McKinley Marketing

202-333-6250 x313

mcampo@mckinleymarketing.com

www.mckinleymarketing.com