• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Just saying hello

Hello, my name is Lori, and I'm a door-aholic. I look at every door I pass through or walk by, and often I look at doors that I'm driving by. I am sometimes compelled to whip out my spy camera and take photos of especially interesting doors to post on my blog (www.idighardware.com or www.ihatehardware.com depending on how you feel about hardware). My husband doesn't care much about doors as long as my obsession gives me job security. My children are too young to be embarrassed, and have started pointing out door-related points of interest as well as diverting attention while I take photos.

Admitting you have a problem is the first step.

That's what we hear Lori.. the whole 12 step code-aholic thing...

I don't know that it's a problem if the world is a little safer because of it..

Nothing wrong with awareness. Taught 350 students in Vocational Career Center the other day about the importance of being aware of their escapability options in any venue including Home, College, Concerts, Restaurants, Night Clubs, Parks etc. Better safe than sorry! The alternative is being a statistic and we all know how skewed they can be.

First, welcome to the new members!

My name is Sue, a codeaholic, and I just can't always leave work at work.

I called my boss on Sunday, then emailed him from my cellphone, to let him know that the large sign at the mexican restaurant on Main St. was being worked on. I was on my way to my cancer check-up the next day in Redding when I saw the work......... And then, after that, I drove by the 'cat house' (cat hoarder) here in town that the enviro health guy & animal control notified me about on Friday. Not until then did I leave town and get on my way to my appointment.

Redding was fun, checking out all of the ADA bathrooms & parking spaces, exiting, etc.

I am ill.........:lol:

Sue, it's sure good to know I'm not the only one with this affliction.................... :D

Sue,

I'm not sure that the good people on this forum really think of their

condition as an "affliction", rather, more of an addiction, and this

is where they / we come to get our fixes. :lol:

"My name is Bob. I am retired. Don't ever, ever retire.

Uncle Bob"

Fixed that little problem didn't ya?

Enjoy the non-retirement!

Hello all! I'm ______. I can't tell you my name since I'm horribly afraid my employer aka your arch-enemy might find out that occassionally I like to sneak on here to read your posts. They really make me feel better when I realize that I'm not the only person unhappy with my company.

BuilderSara welcome,

We have no enemies on this BB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, welcome BuilderSara, we are all one with the universe. OK, not all the time. But, welcome anyway.........

Sara: Welcome from one of the Fools that dream this place up. I know a few other in your position. As Fatboy said don't come here from work. You will leave track on the server! You are welcome here any time.

north star said:
* * *Sue,

I'm not sure that the good people on this forum really think of their

condition as an "affliction", rather, more of an addiction, and this

is where they / we come to get our fixes. :lol:

North Star,

Which is why I'm here, on a Friday, after work. I am addicted.

Sue, who loves to play with words

hello, my name is Arnold and I'm a code-a-pholic, er phode-a-colic...aaaahh. hello, my name is Arnold and I'm a code-a-phobic.....aaahhh, Maria!

Hi Folks,

I've been a building contractor since I resigned my position as a building official in Northern Virginia more than thirty years ago. I've recently taken a position as a compliance manager for a large architectural manufacturer who has decided to try their hand at installing their own products in residences nationwide. So far I've qualified their licenses in thirteen states. I'm hoping you folks will help me refine my understanding of the IBC and the IRC as taking examinations is my primary duty for the present.

TIA

Bill

High Desert said:
hello, my name is Arnold and I'm a code-a-pholic, er phode-a-colic...aaaahh. hello, my name is Arnold and I'm a code-a-phobic.....aaahhh, Maria!
My bet is that our paths have crossed before.

Bill