• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Just saying hello

Well, other folks have introduced themselves so I might as well. I mostly hang out at the employment forum, my interest peaked there after I was laid off and had to find work. However, back on task, where I use to work, my wife got tired of our driving by buildings and I'd say, "I worked on that one and that one and, Oh, THAT one, let me tell you about all the problems we found there." And typically I'd already told those stories before. So then I get laid off and make a job out of find a job. I end up 2600 miles away at ... an airport. Some things are similar, some things are different (face it, you HAVE to work at an airport to have a reason to do a runway). The things that a similar is that the airport functions like it's own little city. I'm just slightly younger than dirt and (due to the cards life has dealt me) plan on working till I pass away; my wife has other ideas but I'm a grouch when I'm not employed.

Anyways, I chime in on other forums here from time to time, but mostly you will find me at the employment section here. To all the new folks, welcome. Oh, my real name is Michael.

Hello!

Last month I just made Deputy Code Official / Plans Examiner after hired as a Building Inspector 2 years ago. By way of VA Disability Rehabilitation Services, born tone deaf; borderline on hearing comprehension; I made the team on the fact that I did home inspections for 3 years on the side of my full time job; 22 years Master Auto, Heavy-Duty Truck Technician. Was a welder and professional guitarist before that; go figure!

Hello all. Why do some posts appear so that the entire message is visable in the window while others are only partialy visible so that I need to use the scroll bar to read one line? Is there a setting I need to change? Thanks and Happy Holidays.

Must be a setting on your computer, both the messages above appear fine, no scrolling required!

Just don't do it, I say. There are guys who get paid to do that 8-5.
After a week long hospital codes inspection I find my mind wandering that way, but it hurts.
Just don't do it!

Welcome!!!

Can't afford your neighborhood, going to look around Salida as possible retirement area.