• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Planes you don't normally see at airports

somewhat plane related:::

""""Dobson, an avid pilot, frequently soared through the skies of Corpus Christi pulling a WHATABURGER banner and dropping coupons for free Whataburgers. While flying Dobson realized the importance of eye-catching architecture and signage and liked the idea of being able to see his stores from the air. The orange and white striped A-frame building made its debut with the opening of Whataburger #24 in Odessa in 1961. Dobson's love of flying inspired the color scheme—orange and white are traditionally the colors used on many airport structures.""""

http://farm1.staticflickr.com/21/100354074_8d7773ffe5_z.jpg

http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/dgw02

This past Saturday we had our Annual Aeros and Autos show at the small airport that I work at. It is a charity event where the proceeds go to the Texas Lions Club Summer Camp and the Lone Star Veterans Association. We had several planes (stationary, we don't fly at this event) and many show cars, with judging. We also had a 1/2 mile drag (against the clock) that was run on a runway. Oh and the girls from Twin Peaks (a restaurant) were there, they had a dunk tank going.

Last edited by a moderator:
O

mmmarvel said:
This past Saturday we had our Annual Aeros and Autos show at the small airport that I work at. It is a charity event where the proceeds go to the Texas Lions Club Summer Camp and the Lone Star Veterans Association. We had several planes (stationary, we don't fly at this event) and many show cars, with judging. We also had a 1/2 mile drag (against the clock) that was run on a runway. Oh and the girls from Twin Peaks (a restaurant) were there, they had a dunk tank going.

Hopefully not TP in Waco!!

Good to see warbirds & trainers that were current when I was in the Air Force. Couldn't quite tell from the photo whether the F4 was a D or G model but sure the T33 is a last series & F100 looks like a Nam light bomber.

The hot rods & performance cars are pretty cool as well.

I read somewhere that Navy pilots are supposed to land at full throttle so they can recover if something like this happens, and those that don't are called "whisperjets".