• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Truncated domes: function and location.............

Technically this is overkill, but correct

Attachments

• Yellow-Curve.jpg
    Yellow-Curve.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot 2024-03-19 103816.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-19 103816.png
    104.3 KB · Views: 5
New construction. Sidewalk is level with driveway at parking lot. Driveway was not razed, and sidewalk was not lowered but both was built the same level at the same time. They used white paint on the black top driveway to mark a crossing to the accessible parking spaces. No detectable warning was installed. If they went over the white paint with black paint, am I right that they would not need the detectable warning?

ICC/ANSI A117.1-2009
406.12 Detectable Warnings at Raised Marked
Crossings. Marked crossings that are raised to the
same level as the adjoining sidewalk shall be preceded
by a detectable warning 24 inches (610 mm) in depth
complying with Section 705. The detectable warning
shall extend the full width of the marked crossing.

Mr. Inspector, I am not sure what jurisdiction you are in but I am unaware of any flush sidewalk to vehicular way condition that would not require detectable warnings.

Mr. Inspector, I am not sure what jurisdiction you are in but I am unaware of any flush sidewalk to vehicular way condition that would not require detectable warnings.
ICC/ANSI A117.1-2009 406.12 says Detectable Warnings shall extend the full width of the marked crossing. So if there is no marked crossings they are not required.

That is not the intent of the code. where does the code say that markings are required? detectable warnings are required in your condition

That is not the intent of the code. where does the code say that markings are required? detectable warnings are required in your condition
ICC/ANSI A117.1-2009 does not require markings but section 406 requires Detectable Warnings are required only at Raised Marked Crossings only. Not sure why raised crossings are under 406 "Curb Ramps" when they are not curb ramps.