1. Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by clicking here: Upgrades
    Dismiss Notice

An average day

Discussion in 'Contractor Talk' started by ICE, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Pcinspector1

Pcinspector1 Platinum Member

When he retires and takes all of these photos and makes a book then he'll make some cents! $$

Name of the book: "All I wanted was a code section for things to make sense!" or
    "I hate solar!" or
    "I hate people with bird avatars that think their funny!":D

2. mtlogcabin

mtlogcabin Registered User

In electrical and electronic engineering a daisy chain is a wiring scheme in which multiple devices are wired together in sequence or in a ring,[1] similar to a garland of daisy flowers. Other than a full, single loop, systems which contain internal loops cannot be called daisy chains.

Daisy chains may be used for power, analog signals, digital data, or a combination thereof.

The term daisy chain may refer either to large scale devices connected in series, such as a series of power strips plugged into each other to form a single long line of strips, or to the wiring patterns embedded inside of devices. Other examples of devices which can be used to form daisy chains are those based on USB, FireWire, Thunderbolt and Ethernet cables.

Pcinspector1 likes this.
  3. Pcinspector1

We have been loosing the metallic water service pipe ground due to plastic pipe use and an alternative grounding system used here is TWO ground rods no closer than 6-ft with the grounding conductor wire un-broken to each ground rod fastened with a (UL) approved clamp on both rods, hence: (Daisy-chain).

4. Norcal

Norcal Registered User

UL approved? They do not approve anything, they list it. Reminds me of some GFCI receptacles at Harbor Freight, the package said it was "UL Approved", considered it the first clue it was counterfeit merchandise.

5. Pcinspector1

Thomas & Betts1/0 to 8 (Solid) AWG Compatible Single-Nut Rod Clamp
    Copper Alloy, 2-13/64" OAL, CSA Certified, RoHS Compliant,
    UL Listed[​IMG]

Yes (UL) listed

6. ADAguy

ADAguy Registered User

How did I suspect that (smiling).