• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by clicking here: Upgrades

An average day

ICE

The void under the flashing must be filled. If not, debris can collect which would hold water. Besides that, the flashing installation instructions require that.

Something for California inspectors to remember is that state law took away our right to ask for more than one inspection. That came with a few rules for the contractor. One of which is that they are required to provide sufficient pictures or a video of the installation as it comes together. Now had we still been able to perform an in-progress inspection the voids under the flashing would not be there. Now all of the modules have to come off.

IMG_200915093603979.jpeg

Pcinspector1

Platinum Member
Why can't you just shove a piece of shingle up in there with some "Oh Henry plastic roof cement?" and call it good.

Have to take all the modules off?

e hilton

Bronze Member
Why can't you just shove a piece of shingle up in there with some "Oh Henry plastic roof cement?" and call it good.

Have to take all the modules off?
i suspect that it’s an array with more than one row of panels, so flashing in the middle of the array that can’t be reached without removing the panels.

Reactions: ICE

ICE

I ask for specific pictures in order to perform a virtual inspection. With a furnace in a closet I ask to see the combustion air openings. You would think that they would at least clean the screens.

thumb_320.jpeg

thumb_320-1.jpeg

Last edited: