• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Good morning snow winter 2009-2010

Re: Good morning snow winter 2009-2010

Just rain this AM, too warm to freeze the roads right now. My son and his girlfriend left for Florida about 9:30. Hope the drive down the coast isn't too rough.

JP - You still there? Is it letting up any for you?

U B - Watching the Worlds Championship Demolition Derby can be quite amusing! :D Some people just don't know when to stay inside... :lol:

Ya, I'm still here. Took most of yesterday to dig out. 5 to 8" turned into 12 to 14. We have drifts from 5 to 7'. But still the worst of the storm I think was well east of us.

Yeah, the snow quit falling Christmas Eve, I think, but it just kept blowing, our snow drifts actually look like mud drifts now. But a nice day today!

-14 tonight. Just got back in from plowing drifts. Didn't last long out there. Gave the stock a good feed.

Just saw a blurb on YaHoo this AM about the midwest... You guys are STILL getting hammered?!? And the folks around here are complaining about the 'cold'... we've been in the twenties all week (teens at night) and going into low 30s today. Good luck boys and girls, stay warm and cover up if you're going out.

Eastern Nebraska got another 4 inches last night. We have gotten more snow since Christmas Eve than is normal for the entire season. No place to put it. The streets keep getting narrower. Actual low for Thursday night will be -23. Wind chill -50. Roads in rural areas closed due to drifting. Roads in city a sheet of ice. The novelty is gone. I am ready for spring. :cry:

I'm lovin it here. About 2 inches overnight. Expected 4-6 through the day and 2-4 overnight. Can't wait for more snow. :D

They are predicting snow for the Atlanta area this afternoon and evening. VERY unusual for this area. Some schools are closed or are scheduling an early release just on the "chance" of snow!

GPE

Expecting 4-7” today and tonight from the southwest; maybe the snow-blower will get some work after work :D

Reminds me of a funny story....... I got a call from a reporter for the Palm Beach Post Times a few years ago who was calling places with winter theme names because it was in the 30’s down there and they wanted to know how one works in cold weather. I informed the reporter that I came from West Palm Beach and said it beats fighting fire in the 90’s with 90% humidity and that we only get cold here when our gear freezes up after coming out of a structure and we have to be beaten with wrenches so we can move again :lol: ........well my father thought it was funny when he read it in their paper!

-22 w/ the wind, -2 w/o, still not much snow here in Missoula, but I hear there getting hammered elsewhere in MT.

Just spent the entire afternoon moving 2 1/2 tons of small square bales. I messed up last summer and did not buy enough hay. Winter came early. The mule deer have been eating me out of house and home.

JP,

Do they have block permits out there for ranchers like we have here in the midwest for farmers? Great source of protein ;)

P.S.

How can he see his shadow when there is no sun :?:

PUNXSUTAWNEY, Pa. - The world's most famous groundhog, Punxsutawney Phil, emerged before chilly revelers in western Pennsylvania Tuesday to see his shadow, meaning winter will last another six weeks.
I think he's always been a plant from from NOAA :)

FM William Burns said:

PUNXSUTAWNEY, Pa. - The world's most famous groundhog, Punxsutawney Phil, emerged before chilly revelers in western Pennsylvania Tuesday to see his shadow, meaning winter will last another six weeks.
I think he's always been a plant from from NOAA :)

He'll be replaced by a robot soon, you know: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... =123253181 ; PETA to the rescue again.

I think they shine a flashlight from behind him so that he always sees his shadow. :)

Maybe there is something to it........it was 28 at 5:30 PM EST and took the dog out for his walk and just wore a T-shirt and jeans. It's getting warmer and spring is coming :lol:

RJJ said:
Somebody shoooooooooot the ground hog! At 6:30 am we have 18" and rising! :D
I live north of you in the mountains and have ZERO inches. I am still looking at my brown, frozen grass.

This is all backwards.

Wow! You guys in the mid-atlantic are getting hammered again!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

RJJ, I beg to differ. Your turn will come soon when we have our spring blizzards. But until then please be carefull out there. You guys and gals will be digging out for the next few days. Please, all of you there take care. jp

30 inches 1 degree I think global warming is shaking his head. Well there is no reason to go out today so everybody have a superbowl sunday. :D :D :D