• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Good morning snow winter 2009-2010

Re: Good morning snow winter 2009-2010

inspecterbake, 30"? Wow! Don't mean to correct but "global warming" has been replaced with "climate change". Both are still BS.

What a great super bowl!!! I thought for sure after the first quarter that the BALTIOMRE COLTS would run away with it.

RJJ,

I think that is why it's UNDERLINED IN BOLD. It just ain't right to move the names of teams around the country. Next they will start giving football teams the name of their corporate sponsor; like they do golf tournaments.

Uncle Bob

JP,

They changed the name from Global Warming to Climate Change; when Al Gore's scientists got caught lying about their "scientific facts". :lol:

Uncle Bob

I guess I'm a little slow on current events??? :lol:

Cold here this morning. It was -15 at 6am.

Meetings slow now so you can see who is important :D

Pretty soon the coaches will use their sound bites to plug their sponsors after taking training from the NASCAR guys and gals....

Yea, the Qualcom-ATT- Sun Bank - Etrade Chargers played tough today and we have to give credit to the City Bank-Pepsi-Drano Raiders who just had a better game plan today :shock:

RJJ and those south of Sullivan County, NY... you have my sympathies. Usually it's us getting hammered by 12"+ per storm this time of year. This crazy winter has all the white stuff landing south of here... Nothing from the last storm except for barely a dusting yesterday morning, and only a few inches predicted for this upcoming event. NYC and points south scheduled for another 12" or so. Good luck, stay warm and dry and if they say not to travel, just stay home make some cocoa and light the fireplace.

John Drobysh said:
just stay home make some cocoa and light the fireplace.
What are the chances I can get a fireplace permitted, built, and inspected by tomorrow? :lol:

But in any case, I say "Bring it on!"

St Louis got about 3 inches of snow. North AND south of us had an additional 2 inches (weird!). All done for now but the mercury is dropping - 8 degrees now - and the winds are coming later today. Look out east coast!

Going to make my way across the street to watch the Purdue v. MSU game tonight on the campus. Thankfully I'm walking but will have to drive home tomorrow south where we have got 8" so far and expect 12" by the time I have to drive. Hope the road commission budget allowed for the roads to be cleared. No info available yet on MDOT :roll:

Maybe I'll drive over to my brother's house and fish in his 250 gal. aquarium! :lol:

Today: Sun and clouds mixed. Temps nearly steady in the mid 30s. Winds light and variable.

And ya'll think Montana winters are all bad :p

My crystal ball is working... I see........ Roof failures back east :!: Just another example of the liberal excesses of the "cow". I really hope that there will not be anybody hurt.

JP: I am not sure of surrounding ahj's, but in 24 years I haven't had a roof failure. However, I know the big box stores are shoveling snow off as of yesterday. This second storm is about another 6" of wet snow and the some rain on top with another 12 + inchs to come. Should get rather sporty as the day progresses.

With all the fresh snow; don't forget to show the kids how to make "Snow Ice Cream";

http://www.5min.com/Video/How-To-Make-S ... Cream-2533

The video left out a very important instruction; "Don't use yellow snow".

There are several other recipies; one is to add two beaten eggs. You can also add a mashed banana to make it more creamy (one-half of a banana).

http://babyparenting.about.com/cs/activ ... ecream.htm

Here is a recipe; and some fun outdoor activities for the kids;

(scroll down for the ice cream recipe)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/topics/weath ... -snow.html

Some use flavored extract like orange, lemon, etc..

Note: Make the snow ice cream outside and eat it outside to maintain proper temperature.

Enjoy,

Uncle Bob

My research dept. is getting reports of roof collapses due to snow overloads.

Please be careful and sensible out there in snowland, people!

Here some roof collapse reports;

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=25&sid=1882549

I'm not sure; "Stay inside where it's safe" will work. I wonder if post-snow storm inspections might find weakened and damaged roof truss systems that may otherwise go undetected?

Job security?

Uncle Bob