• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

ICC Survey Regarding Bulletin Boards

texasbo said:
I hope that anyone and everyone associated in any way with the ICC website was fired, and I'm not saying that to throw out a sensational statement just to get attention; I really mean it. I also believe ICC is too broken to fix. Strangely, despite my usual understated responses, I didn't get an invitation.
sbo,

i hear ya! brown nosing didn"t get me anywhere either. i should have taken the path JP blazed and i too would have been wined and dined by the big green machine.:mrgreen:

texasbo said:
I hope that anyone and everyone associated in any way with the ICC website was fired
IMHO, this would then include the entire board of ICC. When it closed down, I emailed board members that I thought it was a big mistake to close it to non-members. I got some nice replies, but all in all, the attitude was this is the way it's going to be and that I needed join if I wanted to continue participating. Luckily for me, when they opened the archives to all, I found the links to this site. Otherwise I never would have found you guys as I evidently didn't log in for a few days around the time the announced the changes.

I still have not sent in my questionairre. I wonder if it's too late.

To those who go: Be careful; this may be a trap to silence you! When you enter the hotel, conference room, etc., let the ICC know that you have a letter drafted and ready to be sent to the press unless you check in with your spouse, employer, dog, etc. every two hours. And no accepting bribes!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, there has been a wrench thrown into the meeting in Denver. I just received an e-mail that I've been officially invited to attend. I have to let them know by wed (tommorrow).

I could drive up I-35, catch I-70 in Kansas; and be there in 10 hours.

Crap, I don't drink,

Uncle Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
texasbo said:
You don't drink? How do you throw up in the morning?
I turn on my computer and read your posts.

Sorry, too tempting, don't mean it; just couldn't resist.

Uncle Bob

You HAVE to go UB...it's your duty...Remember the Alamo...Sink the Bismarck...Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead...One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind...etc.

I'll buy you a club soda...

Uncle Bob said:
Well, there has been a wrench thrown into the meeting in Denver. I just received an e-mail that I've been officially invited to attend. I have to let them know by wed (tommorrow).I could drive up I-35, catch I-70 in Kansas; and be there in 10 hours.

Crap, I don't drink,

Uncle Bob

UB, don't forget to pick up RJJ on your way!

TJacobs said:
You HAVE to go UB...it's your duty...Remember the Alamo...Sink the Bismarck...Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead...One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind...etc.I'll buy you a club soda...

"I didn't get an invite but am willing to crash the party. "

Me too, only an hour away for me though!

I hope all of those that didn't get an invite that are close enough will show up for a Wednesday afternoon get together to share your opinions before the meeting the next AM.

I am not looking at this as an attack session on ICC but a chance to make the ICC BB better. There are so many people out there that could benefit from the ICC BB that are not aware of this forum and I hope we can all go into this as professionals.

Remember in a way we will be representing this forum and how we conduct ourselves could reflect on this forum.

Anything we can do to inform the public about the codes and the reason behind our profession is a win for all of us, even if that means helping another organization.

This is just my opinion.

Didn't want to hijack the official invitee list thread, but where y'all staying?

Same place, or all over Denver?

Where's the meeting at?

Court Yard Marriot by the airport.

The meeting is supposed to be at that hotel from what I understand.

Fatboy,

I think I posted this; probably in the wrong place. Please join us. We'll get you in. This is bringing out the kid in me; when we used to sneak in the drive-in movies.

Here is the information;

What:The ICC Community Coalition Event – “Building a Better ICC Discussion Board”

When:Thursday (September 9, 2010) 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.;

Friday (September 10, 2010) 8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.

[arrivals Wednesday (9/8/10) and departures Friday afternoon/evening]

Where:Courtyard Marriott Airport in Denver, Colorado (airport shuttle provided)

We will all have rooms at the Courtyard and the meeting will be there; just got off the phone; after confirming my reservation.

Would everyone who is comming for sure; please let us know on the Confirmation thread;

http://www.inspectpa.com/phpbb/showthread.php?2516-List-of-Members-going-to-Denver

If anyone needs a ride there is plenty of room in the back of my pick-up truck.

RJJ, go to Salina, Kansas and park in the Building Officials space at city hall. I'll pick you up there. :D

See you there,

Uncle Bob

I have not heard back so I guess they don't like me. BOOOHOOOHOOOHOOO. Oh well. The county was gonna let me call it "paid training " too so I would not have to take vacation. I wonder if they will actually reimburse people for all of their expenses. This late in the game a plane ticket has got to be a fortune.

Hey when you guys go, can you ask ICC if we can get CEU's for participating in this bulletin board? I learn a lot more here than paying hundreds of dollars for an ICC seminar...........

Daddy-O,

" I wonder if they will actually reimburse people for all of their expenses."

I believe they will pay us back for travel; it's how much; that makes me a little nervous. I plan on driving and was told that they wouldn't pay me not more than a round trip airline ticket costs. I checked and found $165.00 for economy (non-refundable) and $462.00 (refundable). Also, the trip back is by "airbus"; which I believe is comparable to goose back; because the wings flap.

If they use the $165.00 I will lose money because I'll drive (gas, $240.00).

They are paying for the room; and, free seminar meals (you know what they are like); which I never eat; and Marriot has those free breakfasts that suck. Meals should run me about $240.00 ($60.00 per day)

The joke would be on us, if they paid in credit at the ICC store. :D

Oh, well; it's an adventure; and for a good cause - "Cause I want to go".

Oh, and I'll have to buy a new hat. :)

Not counting the hat; this "free" trip will probably cost me about $600.00.

We'll have a good time; and get to meet each other; and, hopefully do something good.

Uncle Bob

pwood said:
sbo,i hear ya! brown nosing didn"t get me anywhere either. i should have taken the path JP blazed and i too would have been wined and dined by the big green machine.:mrgreen:
pwood, you bet. I'm craping in tall cotton! LOL. Don't forget I'm the one on the old BB that wanted to kick Adolf in the nad's. Matter of fact I told him that in Baltimore last year. Ask rjj. He was there. I think I'm too late to make Denver as I was gone all last week and part of this week? I'll know more tomorrow. Took the module-1 technology exam down in Denver yesterday. I guess that I'm now a 1/2 building official?

Congrats on passing the Tech module JP!

Why did you go all the way to Denver? We have one here that would have saved you an hour drive each way, or did you fly in?

$189 a night at the Courtyard is a bit steep for me.......it's about a 70 minute drive from my house to the hotel, probably will just commute.

JP,

" Just did the conformation for Denver for next month. Really looking forward to meeting everybody."

Did you confirm with Valerie at ICC?

Uncle Bob