• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

ICC Survey Regarding Bulletin Boards

YES! Funny! Now at the world conference that will have a toilet with netting that you can try! Put your quarter in and it will shake the c**p out of you! And the toilet won't become dislodged. Can't say how the wax seal will do!

ICC must be serious

Are you still available for consideration as an attendee, Jeff ?

You recently shared your name and email address saying you may be interested in participating in an event with ICC to help us create a better Discussion Board/Bulletin Board and online networking tools for ICCSafe.org. Below are specific details about the event. We have a limited number of spots available for participants, and are developing a list of potential invitees. Those that respond quickly will be given priority.

Confirm your willingness to participate in the Event listed below.

What:The ICC Community Coalition Event – “Building a Better ICC Discussion Board”When:Thursday (September 9, 2010) 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.;

Friday (September 10, 2010) 8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.

[arrivals Wednesday (9/8/10) and departures Friday afternoon/evening]Where:Denver, ColoradoCost to you:Minimal. ICC is willing to reimburse you for your flight, hotel and food during the meetings.

Are you still able to participate?

YES — If you are still willing to participate, please reply to this email by Friday, August 19th with a statement that you can still participate. We will add your name to our pool of potential invitees.

NO — If you are no longer able to participate, don’t reply. Your name will be removed from the list.

We believe that you are an important part of our discussion board. We appreciate your willingness to help!

Thank you,

sig-MArmstrong.jpg

MLC,

Yes, I got mine; although I almost deleted it before reading. Instead of ICC; it shows from "Michael Armstrong". I think everyone will get an invitation; knowing full well that the vast majority cannot or won't attend. If I knew the meeting would be webcast; I'd go.

I don't like to fly because of the hassle; and, I doubt they would reimberse me for driving.

ps. If anyone ever sends me an e-mail; be sure to identify the subject. I usually automatically delete any emails I get that I don't immediately recognize.

Too much spam mail with virus'.

Uncle Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
Fatboy,

Not really sure I'm invited. I am stickler for reading the fine print; "We will add your name to our pool of potential invitees."

I would enjoy driving to Colorado; I have made the trip several times, and have lived in Colorado Springs (found a dead body in Cripple Creek) when I was much younger.

I'll check the yes box and see what happens; it's like a fellow I met; who came to Austin, Texas with the promise of a job with the Austin news paper. When he arrived for work they said they changed their mind and hired someone else. He was stuck without a job. That's about my luck.

Uncle Bob

I got the email this morning as well. I was expecting a phone conference to discuss the issue, not an all expenses paid trip. No wonder the ICC see the a bulletin board as an expensive venture. I'm not working those days, so I could actually go without any rearranging of my schedule, but I think NOT.

Got my (potential) invite too.

I will accept an all expenses paid trip to Colorado.

I'll see what happens with my reply.

Got my (potential) invite too.

I will accept an all expenses paid trip to Colorado.

I'll see what happens with my reply.

I received that message. I won't be able to held to Denver, CO unless they pay me up front.

I won't reply until after Aug. 19th. You guys can carry along the info given such as my suggestions and others. I believe that they should just take note of what I said. If they allowed an online gathering (a chatroom - so to speak) where we can talk then yes. I would be able to attend.

Got mine too. I wish my brother still lived in Denver. Darn. I will also accept a free vacation if offered. Got to check with the boss first though.

My mom and brother live in Littleton, so I'm seriously thinking of going. I got the email today; I have to confirm by tomorrow!

Join us, Thomas?

You recently replied to our email that you were willing to participate in this event, which is September 9 and 10 in Denver, Colorado. We hope you can join us! We believe the Discussion Boards on ICCSafe.org can be a valuable tool to our customers and we want you to help us achieve this.

To confirm your attendance, please call 757.961.4139 x222 or email Valerie.Mach@webteks.com by Tuesday (8/24) 5:00 pm EST.

You Are Invited!

What:

The ICC Community Coalition Event – “Building a Better ICC Discussion Board”

When:

Thursday (September 9, 2010) 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.;

Friday (September 10, 2010) 8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.

[arrivals Wednesday (9/8/10) and departures Friday afternoon/evening]

Where:

Courtyard Marriott Airport in Denver, Colorado (airport shuttle provided)

Cost to you:

Minimal. ICC will reimburse you for your flight or driving mileage expense and will provide a hotel room and meals during the meetings.

General Agenda:

• Introductions with ICC Senior Management
  • Discuss Customer Feedback to date and solicit more detail
  • Discuss proposed changes
  • Demonstrate a new platform/design and collaborate on improvements
  • Discuss ideas for Usage Policy
We appreciate your willingness to help and realize the value of your involvement!

Thank you,

sig-MArmstrong.jpg

Michael Armstrong

SVP, Membership and Outreach Services

Well, I got my invitation via phone call to book my flight to Denver. I guess I am no longer one of the potential invitees! Anyone going? I need to check my schedule to see if I can get away.

Just got my phone call too.

In the same boat as TJ regarding the "real" boss!

ICC is calling back tomorrow for my final answer. Checking airfare now...

Got mine, work boss says okay, home boss says okay.

I'm waiting for some more details from ICC before I book a flight. Probably book it tomorrow or Wednesday.

In fact she's going with me. She doen't work outside of the house so she's free....notice how I stated that? Been married 37 years so.........

VEGAS PAUL said on 07/27/2010;

"Here's the strategy... answer all the survey questions with as complimentary a tone as you can, towards the "Communities of Interest". Be as positive and courteous as you can, supporting their effort to improve the BB. Then you will be selected as one of the select few who will be invited to participate in the meeting... then tell them what you really think!"

And it worked. :D

Today; VEGAS PAUL said;

"Well, I got my invitation via phone call to book my flight to Denver. I guess I am no longer one of the potential invitees! Anyone going? I need to check my schedule to see if I can get away."

It's after 5 PM in Washington at ICC Headquarters; so ya'll must have been toward the end of the list..

If ya'll who are going; are taking this thing seriously, we should at least give it our best. Now, we need to open a thread for serious ideas ONLY; for you'se guys to take to the meeting.

ps. I hope that our old friend the ICC WEBMASTER was invited.

Ya'll make us proud,

Uncle Bob

I don't know if I ever got an invite since I delet so much email from the ICC before opening.........Oh well I don't need anymore FOIA's for participating in my right in "free speech" and opinion's besides, I'm running out of Alias' anyway........for those going, safe travel :)

Uncle Bob said:
ps. I hope that our old friend the ICC WEBMASTER was invited.
I hope that anyone and everyone associated in any way with the ICC website was fired, and I'm not saying that to throw out a sensational statement just to get attention; I really mean it. I also believe ICC is too broken to fix.

Strangely, despite my usual understated responses, I didn't get an invitation.