• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

More stupidity at its best

Francis Vineyard said:
Unfortunately true. Society needs to lighten up so to speak.The child is being taught the acceptable sign language; it is the institution that is sending the wrong message.

I've been involved in many fights owing to misunderstandings and held at gun point with the flashlight shined in eyes disabling me to lip read because I did not hear the commands of the law enforcement officer (LEO).

Due to lawsuits a few localities but not all LEO's are being trained in recognizing and how to respond accordingly to people with handicaps including the deaf and HOH. Unfortunately many ignore or unaware of recognizing signs.

These types institutions that focus on ideology and rewriting history instead of spending the time and resources to teach how to be considerate are what's primarily failing parents that don't know better.

My personal thanks to this administration encouraging the highest record of CCWP issuance and creating jobs at firearms and ammo factories.

Francis
How many remember when carrying a knife to school or taking a 22 pea shooter to school show and tell was no big deal? In today’s world you live by certain rules, same way with code enforcement, use to be a time when a napkin drawing was good enough. Teach the child to function in today’s society, not a society that you dream about. I would hope society would lighted up, but then I have to put a helmet on, bring back the good old days.

kilitact said:
How many remember when carrying a knife to school or taking a 22 pea shooter to school show and tell was no big deal? In today’s world you live by certain rules, same way with code enforcement, use to be a time when a napkin drawing was good enough. Teach the child to function in today’s society, not a society that you dream about. I would hope society would lighted up, but then I have to put a helmet on, bring back the good old days.
Yeah, nothing like ten-year olds working in a button factory.

Napkins. Those were the good old days. In fact, the 1997 UBC required plans to be drawn to scale on substantial paper or cloth.

High Desert said:
Napkins. Those were the good old days. In fact, the 1997 UBC required plans to be drawn to scale on substantial paper or cloth.
That's about the time that we upgraded to place settings and table cloths. I guess it was determined that napkins aren't professional enough.

It's sounds to me that in just 55 shorts years that I have been around we have lost a lot. Sad.

Rider Rick said:
It's sounds to me that in just 55 shorts years that I have been around we have lost a lot. Sad.
Missing anti-miscegenation laws? Homosexuality being illegal?

Blacklisting Communists?

Adult - minor sexual relationships being permissible?

Please elaborate.

http://www.inspectpa.com/forum/images/misc/quote_icon.png[/img] Originally Posted by Rider RickIt's sounds to me that in just 55 shorts years that I have been around we have lost a lot. Sad.]
brudgers said:
Missing anti-miscegenation laws? Homosexuality being illegal?

Blacklisting Communists?

Adult - minor sexual relationships being permissible?

Please elaborate.
Cupability for ones own actions or inactions

Loss of open dialouge and discussions for fear of being attacked as racistist, homophobic, bigoted, insensitive, or any other negative name that could be used or implied.

Yea Brudgers! The best thing about the good old days is that they are gone!

Joe

mtlogcabin said:
Cupability for ones own actions or inactions Loss of open dialouge and discussions for fear of being attacked as racistist, homophobic, bigoted, insensitive, or any other negative name that could be used or implied.
So what you miss about the good old days is not being responsible for what you say.

brudgers said:
Right, children should have chosen better parents.
Or the school steps into fill the void, has in this case, created by irresponsible parents lacking the ability to comprehend the difference in raising hearing has opposed to nonhearing children in todays society.

I loathe the hyper sensitivity in our schools and the intolerance of defending oneself or others, the inablity to discuss controversal issues and the inability to take responsibelity. On the other hand by the time I was 15 years old I had been in countless fights, had to deal with pediphiles more than once and while I escaped injury we just didn't talk about these things so some poor kid after me may not of been so furtunate, had over two hundred stitches and three broken bones from stupid things kids do when not supervised and so on. My 13 year old son or 14 year old daughter has not had to deal with any of these issues yet. I grew up in good neighborhoods so that was not the difference. This is all without addressing the issue of race, my son is adopted and hispanic he would of had a hard time in the schools I went to. So I am willing to deal with todays problems without longing for the old days.

kilitact said:
Or the school steps into fill the void, has in this case, created by irresponsible parents lacking the ability to comprehend the difference in raising hearing has opposed to nonhearing children in todays society.
So wait, you want the schools to provide for the children's welfare in lieu of their parents? This because of your deep belief that the state knows better than it's citizens, right?

I think with all the political correctness today has caused a lot of our problems saying what you might think people want to hear instead of saying what they need to hear. they need to take a deep breath, and blow their heads out of their rear ends.

David Henderson said:
I think with all the political correctness today has caused a lot of our problems saying what you might think people want to hear instead of saying what they need to hear. they need to take a deep breath, and blow their heads out of their rear ends.
You think this is some modern problem? Read Plato.

brudgers said:
You think this is some modern problem? Read Plato.
And which of his works has so strongly influence and provided direction for your way of live? Which character do you identify with?

kilitact said:
And which of his works has so strongly influence and provided direction for your way of live? Which character do you identify with?
He didn't just talk the talk. He walked the walk.

Socrates.

****ed people off, too.