• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

need a prayer if your able

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daddy-O,

I'm not sure that we ever spoke. In fact, we probably haven't. I find myself wrapped up in other code groups and personal matters that I don't have much time to troll for information anymore. Nevertheless, I want you to know that I'll be praying for you everyday until you've recovered. I only ask that someone contact me in about a year or so to let me know that you're well and that the prayers are no longer needed.

Take Care.

Jar, keep me posted on what we can do.

How wonderful it is to see first time posts, park_builder, steel1, that have compassion for our friend Wilson/Daddy-O. It looks like both of you have been registered for quite some time, and and felt compelled to comment at this time, you obviously get what this forum is about. Welcome, and thanks for your first posts.

UPDATE:

I am in the middle of setting up a non-profit account through a bank and have a bunch of hoops to jump through. Once I get the tax ID and am finished with paperwork from the bank I will let everyone know on email. We are going to set up an account. I do need to come up with a name for the account and will incorporate either his Daddy-O- name or Wilson's real name depending on how everyone feels. It makes no difference legally.

Please give me your thoughts on whether we should use Wilson's name or something else. Here is my thought.

Wilson **** & Family Relief Fund

Thanks for your work on this Jeff.....I concur and think for ease of accessing the funds, I would think keeping it in the legal name realm would be best.

Or morph it;

Wilson (Daddy-O) **** Family Relief Fund

: - :

I favor the "morphed" bank account, but o.k. with whatever

you decide Jeff.

Can we also send in donations by snail-mail ?.....I am Old School !

: - :

need a prayer if your able

Everything will be snail mail for this. I am also working with PayPal for this account at a reduced rate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Count me inn! Excellent jar, this is what family is all about and make no mistake we are family here. Daddy-O, Hang in there brother!

Truly humbled by all....especially the first time posters. Will start full radiation and chemo in ten days. At that point I will reduce my posts for several months until I feel better. The radiation will hopefully shrink and delay. Srill have hope but pathology is terrible. I will of course keep everyone posted on my condition as much as I can. Thanks to all of you for the caring thoughts.

Wilson-

You are a good person who just happens to be surrounded by other good people that want to help, some just because they can others because they feel a need. When we donate to your cause please don't be ashamed about "taking handouts". It's humanity and is a fundamental element of human existence that seems to hide away in society most of the time. It makes me proud to be a part of a group such as this when I see these types of reactions. It took a lot of courage to share your story with us all, thanks for letting us help! I wish you and your family the best as you start this journey and will continue to pray for you all.

ZIG

Wilson,

My family, church and I have and will add you to our prayer list and will pray for you and your family during this struggle. As others have mentioned, believe in the power of prayer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, final hurdle is this and I don't think most people will care. Getting the bank account set up with the new tax id number is not the problem. I am just not sure that it is worth it to spend the time and effort applying to be a tax exempt organization so that it can be a tax deductible donation. So if no one minds, I would rather take the less expensive, faster route.

I'm sure he means tax exempt in the frame that as contrubutors, we would not be able deduct it as a donation as far as our personal taxes. I'm fine with that route Jeff.

I can apply for tax exempt status but still function while we wait. This will be a very transparent situation so the members can see everything that goes on.

Brought to me by another member:

Do we want to make a specific account for DaddyO or do we want to make a generic account we can use in the future?

I would think a separate account, otherwise god forbid we have another in need at the same time or back to back and then splitting things could become problematic.

= + =

"I would think a separate account, otherwise god forbid we have another in need at the sametime or back to back and then splitting things could become problematic."
I concur !.....Everything should be separate and distinct != + =

I don't see the need for the donations to be tax deductible. Might be my personal problem. Does the Building Codes Forum need to a non-profit organization? Isn't it already a corporation of one with bunch of volunteers who are supporting the idea and the execution of the ideal for the good of the order? I want to donate to Wilson [Daddy-O], and I don't want a lot of tentacles to have to deal with. Let's just do the right thing and be comfortable with helping Wilson. Let's not complicate things unnecessarily. IMHO.

Carol

Status
Not open for further replies.