• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

need a prayer if your able

Status
Not open for further replies.
ewenme said:
I don't see the need for the donations to be tax deductible. Might be my personal problem. Does the Building Codes Forum need to a non-profit organization? Isn't it already a corporation of one with bunch of volunteers who are supporting the idea and the execution of the ideal for the good of the order? I want to donate to Wilson [Daddy-O], and I don't want a lot of tentacles to have to deal with. Let's just do the right thing and be comfortable with helping Wilson. Let's not complicate things unnecessarily. IMHO.Carol
Another great point, we don't need to complicate things but there are rules and regulations to follow when you do things like this. In some instances, for every post you see about things like this, I get 2 emails/PMs with people expressing concern and opinions so I have to put things out there for all to evaluate.

FYI to those that had already spoken to JPRanch about donating to his campaign for re-election to the ICC Board. He has asked that anyone who was willing to contribute to him please contribute to this cause instead. We will be set up by early next week to receive donations via snail mail.

Daddy-O, best wishes to you. Fasten your seat belt and get ready for treatment for some its the most diffcult thing they have ever expereinced.

UPDATE 5-21-2013

I will be sending out an email to everyone and posting an announcement on this site in addition to this post.

An account was set up at our local bank for donations to Wilson and his family. I am kicking it off with a $250 donation from my company and another $250 donation direction from my personal account. I want this to be effective and I am asking for everyone to give whatever you can, give until it hurts, give with meaning, conviction and hope knowing that you are helping to take just a small part of the stress away from a wonderful family. Please donate whatever you can, even if a penny. We don't care, we just want to help.

Make out check/money order to:

Wilson and Family Relief Fund

49 S. Main Street. Suite 302

Pittston, PA 18640

I am now applying for non-profit status which will take a few weeks/months to get finalized. That means that when we are approved, your donation is tax deductible for this year. So you can make it now and deduct it later. As of right now we are in the process so we can collect and utilize the money as needed for the family. I will incur all expenses related to non-profit and accounting. This will be a very transparent account and I will be scanning and posting all bank statements.

Bump-

P.S. Add all the families in the Midwest to your prayers as well please. I can't imagine not knowing the fate of a loved one after an event like that, especially if it was my child.

God be with each and every one of them.

ZIG

jar546 said:
Bump. Just want more people to read this.
Me too....

Let's see if I have it right.

I make the check out to: Wilson and Family Relief Fund

And I send it here:

49 S. Main Street. Suite 302

Pittston, PA 18640

Last edited by a moderator:
In light of recent events in Oklahoma, please also consider donating to the Red Cross or other charities in that area. I will be ok for a while. The victims there have immediate needs.

And please work to re-elect JP Ranch to the board. The mere fact that he would mention giving up his contributions to help me tells me all that I need to know about his character. Fortunately, I have already met him (Jim) so I know what he is all about but wow! In the face of adversity the cream rises.

On another note. We had close to 40 people at the farm this weekend from old friends to church friends to work friends to total strangers. My house has been painted, my pastures are mowed and all of my family chores that I cannot do right now are caught up. I am surrounded by the most incredible support team one could imagine. My spirits are high as i prepare for the ling physical journey ahead. Please pray for the children in Oklahoma and thank you all for the ongoing support and kind thoughts.

Wilson

Daddy-O, You and your family are in my prayers. I live near Moore Ok and believe me all the money and support my neighbors need is being provided. You and your family, my friend are part of our family; and we are here for you. Jar, we all trust you without any doubts; just tell us what you need for us to do. I am not interested in a tax break. I would like to see all the money go to Daddy-O s family. Uncle Bob

Uncle Bob said:
Daddy-O, You and your family are in my prayers.... You and your family, my friend are part of our family; and we are here for you. Jar, we all trust you without any doubts; just tell us what you need for us to do. I am not interested in a tax break. I would like to see all the money go to Daddy-O s family. Uncle Bob
DITTO to what Uncle Bob wrote!

The prayers will continue for Daddy-O and family. Jar, tell me when and where to help.

Inspector Gift said:
DITTO to what Uncle Bob wrote! The prayers will continue for Daddy-O and family. Jar, tell me when and where to help.
The information for the fund is posted on this thread and you should have gotten an email.

Jeff

Bump. I know what chemo and radiation do to the body. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sue, also praying for all Oklahomans

First check was mailed yesterday. I'm old and need reminding; so please bring this up at least once a month. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.