• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Offensive Avatar

As much as we all have offered, and we have, Jeff has been adamant about going it alone. (although I think RJJ has a stake in it)

beach said:
Start a Persian Kitty......How about a Paypal account in jars name? It makes transferring $$$ very easy......
If we don;t figure something out I am going to donate $100 in jar's name to the ICC.

Tim here's ICC's address:

High Desert

123 SW Juniper St.

East of the Cascades, OR

I'll fill out the pay to line. :D

HEY! I resemble that remark TimNY! LOL

Been away for a couple of weeks and THIS is what I come back to?!? WTF? I never even got to see the 'offensive' avatar (Dagnabbit!).

I can assure one and all that I will NOT be abandoning my avatar because I refuse to cut off my nose to spite my face and because... well... because... ummm...

HAVE YOU READ IT????

Happy New Year to you all. Thank you for reminding me why I love coming here... (I just read this entire thread from start to finish - without a break! - and can honestly say, that's 40 minutes of my life I'll never get back!)

JBI said:
HEY! I resemble that remark TimNY! LOL Been away for a couple of weeks and THIS is what I come back to?!? WTF? I never even got to see the 'offensive' avatar (Dagnabbit!).

I can assure one and all that I will NOT be abandoning my avatar because I refuse to cut off my nose to spite my face and because... well... because... ummm...

HAVE YOU READ IT????

Happy New Year to you all. Thank you for reminding me why I love coming here... (I just read this entire thread from start to finish - without a break! - and can honestly say, that's 40 minutes of my life I'll never get back!)
Good to hear from you John,

Hope all is well and happy new year.

Be hip and lose the Avatar.

JBI, Sorry you missed the avatar. It was a beautiful sight. I personally was scared for life and I'm looking for anybody I can sue just because I can and I want money!!! I'm a victim and I surly deserve some serious compensation for all the emotional distress that I have suffered. Now pardon me while I hurl.

Yes, Jeff and I have been working on the financing; and, to illiminate confusion; make all Checks out to "Uncle Bob, P.O. Box 555, Norman, Oklahoma" :cool:

Uncle Bob

peach said:
not too much offends me.. if it doesn't offend me.. I don't worry about it. IF all we care about is someone's avatar.. we're missing the bigger point of this forum.
Well said Peach. I've worked too many construction jobs, etc. to worry about a few pictures.

Sue, not always pc

jpranch said:
JBI, Sorry you missed the avatar. It was a beautiful sight. I personally was scared for life and I'm looking for anybody I can sue just because I can and I want money!!! I'm a victim and I surly deserve some serious compensation for all the emotional distress that I have suffered. Now pardon me while I hurl.
i think we should take up a collection for JP for some therapy! any man that says he was scared for life by looking at the avatar needs professional help. i did not find it the least bit frightening, but quite the opposite. maybe a few sessions with a sexual therapist can help JP over come his fear of scantily clad females:mrgreen:

Alias said:
Well said Peach. I've worked too many construction jobs, etc. to worry about a few pictures. Sue, not always pc
Maybe so, but the citizen or contractor sitting on the other side of my desk in view of my screen may not feel the same (ok, so I can "not come here" during the working day?).

Or my superior(s), who are not yet convinced that building codes and enforcement are any more than "guidelines" (yes that was said and notated in a selectman's meeting). . . .

It's one little thing, not a big thing, but one MORE thing that I might unnecessarily have to overcome before the building office is taken seriously.

And then, there's the "hide avatar" button which is a nifty little device : ) ,and, this is indeed a great thread

Personally, I tried unsuccessfully to enlarge the avitars.............sorry for any offense!

PS

Texas women should never again wear those "low profile" cowboy hats in an opening ceremony (cotton bowl). I'm sorry but they looked like frisbee's........no offense to the fine women of the lone star state.

Last edited by a moderator: