• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

User names ?

Re: User names ?

My eight year old daughter calls me Daddy-oooooo- . It is just a nickname that stuck. My profile is also confusing because I live in Powhatan but work for a neighboring county.

As for me, I carried the name over from the old BB on ICC website for continuity and for others to recognize me.

Basically, my first Name and the city I'm in.

Some might remember when I first joined the old BB as 'jdrobysh', from my yahoo screen name. People were abbreviating it strange ways, so I made the switch to my actual name. Not terribly creative, but also shows I have nothing to hide... at least not about Codes. ;)

My profile location is where I work and 50 miles from home, 5 town lines and one county line removed. Commuting sucks, but the pay is OK and the ride starts in farm country, ends in farm country and is all highway in between with no major traffic issues. I barely go far enough south to begin getting into 'bedroom community land'. Southern Orange County on down is a commuters nightmare.

RickA - We'd recognize your posts regardless of what name you used! :lol:

Anybody got the 'skinny' on where 'kilitact' comes from? There's got to be a good story there... :)

mt, if I remember correctly Kacinzki's cabin was only 12'X16', small enough that they put it on a truck and hauled it somewhere for use as evidence.

Glad to know you endured your tenure without contracting the cabin fever that got to Ted.

My money and my daughter went to Washington State University. GO COUGS! I went to school in Chicago so I am a Coug Dad, but not a Coug.

Maybe Vegas Paul can franchise his name like TV shows such as CSI do. We could have Phoenix Paul, Miami Paul, Detroit Paul etc.

Coug Dad...

Coug Dad said:
Maybe Vegas Paul can franchise his name like TV shows such as CSI do. We could have Phoenix Paul, Miami Paul, Detroit Paul etc.
I'd hate for anyone to get cancelled after 9 weeks though...

Mine is pretty obvious, T is for Thomas, Tom, Tommy or Tommie...I've been called other things but I'll let you use your imagination. Like JD I have nothing to hide and strive to stay that way. Same user name as the old board.

In the early 90's, a group of city workers started playing basketball at lunch for some exercise. I’m 6’5” 250 lbs so I was the guy underneath. One of my coworkers thought he was bigger than he was and was always trying to “muscle” me. I nicknamed him Banty Rooster and he nicknamed me Gray Headed Mule because of my gray hair and me being stubborn underneath. A lot of times I was called Mule for short and it has stuck.

I was georgia plans examiner on the ICC site. When I tried to register for this site under that name it contained too many characters so I shortend examiner to exam.

GPE

Pc- City I work for

inspector- What I try to do

1- I'am it, no others here doing inspections or code enforcement

There was a builder that said "Permit!, I don't need no @#*% permit!"

Translation: "Badges, I don't need no stinkin Badges" from a Humprey Bogart movie.

Central Oregon is the "high desert" region of the state. Junipers, Ponderosa Pine, 3,000 foot elevation.

the "stinkin' badges" quote was from "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre" movie. That's what the bandits said before they killed Humphrey Bogart.

JD,

You caught me with my modified version, dang internet!! :eek: :lol:

I think I'll change to a James Cagne movie quote! "you'll never get me you dirty coppers!!

I saw purple primer today!! "Ya baby" it was "shag-a-delic baby"

The "stinkin' badges" line was also used in Blazing Saddles (as a tribute to the Treasure of the Sierra Madre).