• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

User names ?

Re: User names ?

"Not terribly creative, but also shows I have nothing to hide... at least not about Codes"

I can't use my real name, I'm in the witness protection program.......... :eek:

Actual quote from the bandit with the gold tooth in "Treasure of the Sierra Madre."

'Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!'

Cute Ben. Only now, the 'stupid people' who followed your link not only know who you are, but where to find you... :roll:

Didn't work with 'Kilitact' though... :(

Way back in my beginning forays into the wonderful worldwide web, I joined a mailing list for fans of the tv show Xena at my then hubby's urging. Well, trying to stay anonymous, I used Alias and it has stuck. I was also on the old SBCCI BB as Alias.

The origin of the moniker comes from a character in the movie 'Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid' that starred Kris Kristofferson, James Coburn, and Bob Dylan as Alias.

http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/37399/P ... d/overview

As I have lived in the west a majority of my adult life and have seen Bob Dylan live in concert, it seemed appropriate.

Sue, UBC, CBC, IBC, CMC

Just my first and last initials, had it on the old Bulletin Board too.

John Drobysh said:
Cute Ben. Only now, the 'stupid people' who followed your link not only know who you are, but where to find you... :roll:Didn't work with 'Kilitact' though... :(
If someone who wanted to find me didn't start in that way, they'd probably slip and fall to their death in a puddle of their own drool.

A few years ago I was naive enough to believe that working at the state level was a good idea. So I took a job as the Chief of Fire Safety for a state. They promoted me to a level where I was responsible for all inspections including building, plumbing, septic, state OSHA, etc.

I left that state program when a new governor was elected and his first task was to eliminate state employees and outsource all inspections. When they pushed me to develop programs where inspectors with 20-30 years experience were supposed to become auditors for outsourced inspection companies I decided to leave the state.

Historically, the fire inspectors and building inspectors did not get along with each other. I tried to develop a program that would bring both groups together. Worked like oil and vinegar. Through the years I have been responsible for fire safety programs and building inspection. So as not to offend I used both in my user name. But Fire always comes first with me. The Guy part was just... to say I was a guy.

Oh and yes because I left a state program and had pi&&ed off so many people I try not to use my real name or likeness.

Historically, the fire inspectors and building inspectors did not get along with each other.
That really ticks me off too and I also strive to alleviate this persona and attitude. (Topic for other discussion)

Kudos to you FBG for the efforts and some minds think alike................sorry back to point :)

[quote="FyrBldgGuyHistorically, the fire inspectors and building inspectors did not get along with each other.

as building official and fire marshall i can relate to that. constant disagreement with myself. my name is also self explanatory!

"rktect 1" You just typed in random letters? I'm jealous...

After seeing yours, I've been meaning to start thinking about using "rkatech" for a login name, but it's too close to yours, so I didn't think about changing here. My custom license plate is rkatech, short for architect who is somewhat of a techie (reason for tech ending). I now have my company web site as www.rkatech.net.

My log in is relatively boring: First name, middle name. I started using this at the old site because I had a login of first name, last name that I used from my home office. In 2005, I went to work for a developer and tried to remember my home office log in's password at work. I couldn't remember, so I just started another account using middle name. I kept the middle name here as I had posted somewhat regularly at the old site. I'm still fairly new here. Need to start posting more.

Hey...I typed Architect (A-r-c-h-i-t-e-c-t) in my last post and it comes out on the board as "man with pencil who draw". That's too funny, but it would piss me off if I was a woman. Kind of gender bias. It, however, did not change in this reply. This is weird. Anyone know why that happened?

Since my log in is boring, maybe I'll talk about my signature.

First line is my web site, second line is one of my favorite books.

In college, everyone said I had to read "The Fountainhead", so I did. I liked the book enough to want to read more from Ayn Rand (I eventually read everything she wrote). Atlas Shrugged is one of my favorites of all time. I don't ever read books a second time, but have been thinking about reading Atlas Shrugged again. It's been well over 20 years since I read it. I wonder if I would still like it as much?

Mark - Probably more now than you did 20 years ago. The Founder has been playing with 'censor' settings, maybe that's where the 'mystery' came from.

Jeff - Have you been playing again?