1. ATTENTION returning members. If you are coming here from the old forum for the first time, you will need to reset you password. However, we had an email problem getting password reset links set out to a lot of the email addresses. That problem is temporarily rectified but IF you still have an issue, email me direct at info@thebuildingcodeforum.com and I will give you a temporary password.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by clicking here: Upgrades
    Dismiss Notice

WELCOME NEW Members!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum' started by RJJ, Sep 21, 2010.

1. ADAguy

ADAguy Sawhorse

Promise no more "Ghost Ships" (Oakland).

2. BLangley

BLangley Registered User

Good morning/afternoon-

Been lurking about a year or so. Registered to be able to see some of ICE's pics in the Average Day thread that were behind the registration wall. Finally posted today in the thread about rent drops in a fire rated door or wall.

I've got a couple year HVAC experience (including installs, service, gas fitting and duct cleaning), a little apartment maintenance, a year as an admin for a construction company, some miscellaneous management stuff and currently on year 11 as a property/community manager.

I stumbled into opening a low-income apartment building in 2008 and was a site manager for 6 years, did a year as executive support/special projects and then found my way into condo/HOA managment for the last 3+ years.

I had some code questions that led me here, and I can't find the exit door.

3. cda

cda Sawhorse

You are in the “twilight code zone”

4. fatboy

fatboy Administrator

Welcome, glad you came in out of the shadows!

5. Yikes

Yikes Gold Member

"Long-time listener, first-time caller!"

6. Harrison Staab

Harrison Staab Supporter

Had found some good discussions on code-related issues in my googling and recently decided to share my own, which was very helpful! So here I am.

I'm an Architect, working exclusively on multi-family construction, essentially as in-house architect for a developer. Our forte seems to be 5 story Type III apartments over Type I parking garages, though chasing dollars is pushing us toward Type II and beyond it appears. I'm a Kansas State grad of 2010, framed houses for a couple years before I could land a big kid job (though I never really have grown up). I'm happily married and have a toddler that looks and acts just like me. I love Jesus, solving puzzles, learning, reading, and disc golf.

jar546 likes this.
  7. cda

cda Sawhorse

Welcome

Ask and answer away

Which year and state IBC do you normally use

8. Harrison Staab

Harrison Staab Supporter

I'm in the middle of one project under construction which uses 2011 Ohio Building Code (2009 IBC). The rest of my projects are 2016 California Building Code.

9. fatboy

fatboy Administrator

Welcome to the forum!

10. mike-d

mike-d Sawhorse

Hello, i am new here. i find this forum one of the better ones out in the inter-webs...thanks for keeping this alive!
    i'm in the world of architecture and construction which i still find interesting and compelling, even after 25+ years of doing it.
    -md

11. cda

cda Sawhorse

Glad you like us

So are you north or south Calif??

I am an ex san Diego

12. mike-d

mike-d Sawhorse