• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

WELCOME NEW Members!

Hi, I'm new to coding. My name is Glen and I'm 50 yrs old. I have been interested in how computers work from the inside out software/hardware. I'm open to learn from anyone on this forum. You can teach a old dog new tricks is my belief. I look forward to meeting new people and learning and teaching once I get some knowledge under my belt. Thanks again for your help.

I have been recently introduced and am a newbie to the forum. I’m working part time as an Assistant Building Official/Inspector with a large town and looking forward to participating. Glad to have a site with open discussion.

I have been recently introduced and am a newbie to the forum. I’m working part time as an Assistant Building Official/Inspector with a large town and looking forward to participating. Glad to have a site with open discussion.

welcome

ask and answer questions at will!!!

This has been a self supporting site

We welcome support, by becoming a Sawhorse

Which edition of IBC are you on

Is it statewide code or do you adopt it locally

Just got here, let me tell you how...
I am a city marshal in a type A general law city in Texas. I have been doing the work of the code enforcement officer as well. Today I was called in and I am now the bldg/code official because the water clerk no longer wishes to issue building permits and we have adopted the 2018 ICC. Our city is currently at just over 3000 but we just opened 5 new subdivisions this month and our property sales along the I35 corridor are booming. What kind of a hornets nest have I stepped into?

Just got here, let me tell you how...
I am a city marshal in a type A general law city in Texas. I have been doing the work of the code enforcement officer as well. Today I was called in and I am now the bldg/code official because the water clerk no longer wishes to issue building permits and we have adopted the 2018 ICC. Our city is currently at just over 3000 but we just opened 5 new subdivisions this month and our property sales along the I35 corridor are booming. What kind of a hornets nest have I stepped into?

Welcome from DFW area

Are you a one horse office, or are there inspectors under you?

How many sq miles is the city?

Any building, electrical, plumbing code knowledge?

Ok ... here goes ...

Registered architect for around 10 years, through the experience route (no college). ICC certified "building plans examiner".

Currently performing self-certification reviews for City of Phoenix and a few other municipalities. Self-cert work is so huge right now I don't have time for architectural work in the office.

Ok ... here goes ...

Registered architect for around 10 years, through the experience route (no college). ICC certified "building plans examiner".

Currently performing self-certification reviews for City of Phoenix and a few other municipalities. Self-cert work is so huge right now I don't have time for architectural work in the office.
Welcome. We're glad to have you.

If you find value in the site, consider joining as a Sawhorse (link in my signature). It will allow you to upload photos, and helps keep the lights on here.

Ok ... here goes ...

Welcome

Post away,,, We need all the help we can give.

As an intro , This forum is self supporting.

Pay for a Sawhorse support and you can up load pictures and other easily.

Sorry already asking for money. But cheap

Hello everyone!
My name is Sarah, I'm a freelance designer from Canada :)
Nice to meet you all

Good Morning SarahS. and welcome!

Tell us a little more about yourself.....we have a few others from the northern area.

What side of the counter are you working from? What brings you here to join our awesome forum? Life/career experience?

Inquiring minds want to know????

thanks for a welcoming, fatboy :) (by the way, how else can I call you? Just don't wanna insult the administrator, ha-ha)

I'm from Vancouver. Back in my university years, I started to study architecture but when switched the major to design. And thank God I did, cause now I feel like I'm doing exactly what I want and what I love!

For today that's gonna be all for the "inquiring minds" ;)

Welcome

Post away,,, We need all the help we can give.

As an intro , This forum is self supporting.

Pay for a Sawhorse support and you can up load pictures and other easily.

Sorry already asking for money. But cheap
Thanks. Will think about it. Was on here a few years ago or more - when brudgers was still a thing.

Hello everyone! Found this forum in an effort to answer some of the more tricky scenarios encountered on the job. Thanks for all the help thus far. I will likely be bugging everybody with more questions in the near future as they come up. Happy to offer what limited knowledge I have to help others answer their questions.

Thanks for having me!

Hello everyone! Found this forum in an effort to answer some of the more tricky scenarios encountered on the job. Thanks for all the help thus far. I will likely be bugging everybody with more questions in the near future as they come up. Happy to offer what limited knowledge I have to help others answer their questions.

Thanks for having me!

Welcome!!!!

You can also help the forum by becoming a forum supporting Sawhorse!!!

Plus it makes it easier to upload pictures, of problems you have!!!!!!