• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

WELCOME NEW Members!

Welcome and enjoy the heated debates listed so far concerning historic and present housing stock. You'll find some in the the Residential Fire Codes and Green Topics ;)

Hey Harlequin,

I'm a journeyman electrician, but for the job I'm on right now I'm the firestopping guy. I have learned more in the past month about fire stopping then I have the past 10 years of my career. Good luck there is quite a bit to learn. Do you have a preferred manufacture you use? (Hilti, STI, 3M, Metacaulk)

I recently left the AHJ realm and now work in the private sector. Thank you for this forum. It has been a tremendous help to me in the few weeks that I've been a member!

Codegeek, You are in the right place!!! One codegeek to another. We are many here! Jump on in the water is fine. What do you think folks? Number 1500 coming up very soon???!!!

Welcome John and of course welcome to the geek....hehehehe. I can't believe how many people have found us! Thanks JAR!

Hello,

Dawgbark here, Just joined a day or so ago. Work as a plans examiner for a small city and am glad to see sites like this open for discussion.

Welcome Dawg! This is the place to be. Hope you come here and post often. I was just wondering how you found this site. 2 years ago we were few and now we are fast approaching 1,600 members!

Thanks for the welcome everyone, I found this while doing a web search on R occupancies. Then lost the link, I thought it was on my home computer but found it in my links on the computer at the office.

Hey everybody, I am new. Looking forward to sifting through all of the great threads on this forum. Couple of questions

1. How can we place the text that would be at the bottom of each post?

2. I am thinking of placing a disclaimer at the bottom of posts for statements being personal opinions and not the opinion of who I work for. Anyone had any problems with this?

FYI, I found this site from a post on ICC's forum site.

Thanks

Welcome

Others have disclaimers that their posts do not reflect the opinions of their employers.

You can customize your signature to provide additional insights everytime you post.