• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

WELCOME NEW Members!

fatboy said:
Yeah....... some spicy cocktail sauce is good. I've heard they are best fresh at the scene of the crime........ drop'em, slice'em, bread'em, drop'em in the oil and prepare to feast. My brother-in-law swears that once you get that, the rest are lame.
You bet!!! Castrating calfs and a hot black iron skillet. Come on Texas, Cowboy-up!

Sorry Mule, Just couldn't resist. All in good fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
New and learning the codes.

Hello,

I'm new here and posting to introduce myself. I live in Austin, TX, and I'm interested in simple living. I've been studying the the IBC and the IRC a bit over the last couple of months. I have lots to learn. I'm grateful that this forum exists.

Mule said:
I am NOT putting anything in my mouth that comes from between a bulls legs!
World Championship Rocky Mountain Oysters

http://www.worldchampionshiprockymountainoysters.com/

Logo2006CookOff.jpg

images

Nah, see those Texas folks don't understand, ya gotta slice and dice those bad boys before frying. And,, yes I've prepped them on the raw side.......

Welcome simpleliving2. Enjoy to your hearts content, but put your 2 cents in while you’re at it. You don't have to comment but it is appreciated, and feel free to jump in on the bull if you want.

So what your saying is that divorced sisters may be where all those oysters are coming from.

Didn't think about it that way... but it does make sense!! Hey FATBOY and JP........... You guys want a Throckmorton Rocky Mountain oyster?????

Hello. New here. I actually tried creating a 'google group' for building code discussion when the ICC forum no longer had free membership. My google group didn't get off the ground, but I'm glad that I found this one.

Hi charris and welcome to the forum, it's amazing how sometimes the free flow of information can be invaluable. May your contribution pay you back tenfold.

Francis

Hi charris, welcome to the board. Glad you finally found us , look forward to your contributions!

Hi! I'm the 'new' guy. Actually, today is my first day.... gosh, I guess we all remember those days.

My name is Steve. I am 57 years, sometimes old, sometimes young.

I was a tradesman for 30 + years. I was in the Masonry and Concrete trades, both unions. I became an independent masonry and concrete inspector > picked up my ACI card > SFRM (fireproofing) > DSA (Division of State Architect) class 1 > then my OSHPD class A. I work and live in southern California.

insp steve said:
Hi! I'm the 'new' guy. Actually, today is my first day.... gosh, I guess we all remember those days.My name is Steve. I am 57 years, sometimes old, sometimes young.

So welcome Steven.......Stevie

Hello, my name is Clint Benson (Benny). I work for the City of Payette Idaho as Building Official / Inspector, Flood Plain Administrator, and I'm an Engineering Technician at Holladay Engineering. I am also a volunteer fire fighter for the City of Ontario Oregon where I live. I have a beautiful wife, three crazy kids, and a Harley-Davidson Super Glide named Babe. I signed up for this forum some time ago, but have just started using it during some down time. It has been very useful and informative.

Well, welcome benny......although you got a pretty good welcome on your hookah thread. :)

Nice choice of ride, 97 Fatboy here, not named.