• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

WELCOME NEW Members!

RJJ

Co-Founder
To All Members:

With a few changes we should see an increase in new members. It would be great to have new members post and tell us just what they do and give us the opportunity to welcome them into the forum. Please leave comments below.

Please consider supporting this forum which entitles you to more benefits as a Sawhorse.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm also new to this. Hope I will get more new friends to share my ideas.

Hey,

I'm new to the forums. I'm a newbie to passive fire stopping so I'm hoping to learn stuff from people that have been doing it for longer than I have. I'm still figuring out stuff so any stuff that I actually have questions about are going to be posted here and hopefully answered by you guys.

Another newbie to the forum. I am a new owner of a commercial building filled with storefronts and potential multi-unit apartments upstairs. As is typical, I don't see eye to eye with the building inspector's interpretation of the 2006 IBC. Where do I start in my quest for knowledge regarding fire safety for mixed use building(s) in a 100+ year old building?

Welcome to the forum........and the question might already be there, only in Existing Buildings forum. There's a post similar to your situation.

Just found out about this forum. Heard that it is the premier code forum out there. I am a code consultant in Denver and look forward to the discussions. It is always interesting to see how others look at the provisions of the code.

Thought I would make it a trifecta of CO postings........welcome aboard CC, you heard right, this IS the code forum to frequent.

coloradocode said:
Just found out about this forum. Heard that it is the premier code forum out there. I am a code consultant in Denver and look forward to the discussions. It is always interesting to see how others look at the provisions of the code.
Flattery will get you everywhere :)

Mornin' all,

I'm another newcomer to the forum. Not a code professional by trade, but an academic. As a geographer I'm interested in the history of U.S. housing stock and the role building codes (and other health and safety codes) have had in its making. Hope you all don't mind me hanging around as I get a feel for the past and current debates from those who know them bests.

Cheers.

Yes Welcome to the board. Geographer kind of through me for a loop till I Googled it. I found out there are many different fields

Hope you can teach and enlighten us when we need it