• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

An average day

That Myers type hub certainly is not being used according to it's listing, and I'd almost be willing to bet that hub cost Larry, Curly, & Moe's Electric more money then the proper interchangeable hub.

Another inspector has this job. The panel was mounted over a hole in the exterior stucco wall which is not permitted. The missing kos have been plugged. We have a few ways to get the conductors into the new panel....this is not one of them.

0.jpeg

This panel is mounted with two short lengths of uni-strut. The uni-strut is mounted directly on the plywood shear wall. While not visible in the pictures, bare wood is exposed through the holes in the uni-strut.

0-3.jpeg

0-3 2.jpeg

Never know... maybe they wanted to let water in and eliminate the bonding between the metal parts...
Things stay cleaner when water washes through. This might just be planned obsolescence.

Things stay cleaner when water washes through. This might just be planned obsolescence.
Reminds me of a mobile home panel had to swap out, the "installers" did not use a gasket on the panel top hub, early 1990's ITE 100A meter main, water got in & damaged the aluminum buss to the point that they were only getting 120V, was a Sunday afternoon bootleg swap, & I cursed whoever installed it + doing it hot & one mistake was either going do some damage or do me in, due to the fact that there is no overcurrent protection on those conductors.

Rather funny that am admitting about doing unpermitted work on a forum populated by inspectors, plus it had a Smart Meter I that had to pull.

I am not sure what was done with this residential water heater. I think that I have an idea but the owner did the work and within just a few minutes I determined that this will not be a remote virtual inspection.

20210212_130858.jpg

20210212_130919.jpg

The same owner installed three mini-split systems.

20210212_131155.jpg

20210212_131223.jpg

This pair is within the side-yard setback. This project has too much grief built in for me to get involved.

20210212_131621.jpg

Is it fair to call a contractor unscrupulous when he installed solar on this roof?

IMG_4665.jpeg

IMG_4667.jpeg

I don't know what the fitting that they jumped over is. Do you? It is produced by ZURN CO.

IMG_4663.jpeg

The white ungrounded conductors on the line side of the water heater disco, the use of 3Ø discos, the set screw EMT fittings, the non rain tight EMT fittings, flexible cord used on the mini splits, the list goes on & on.

Pressure reducing valve installed upside down? The MC cable is blocking the part number.
Would that require a jumper?

I do not know; I do not do electrical work and I do not know the inner workings of a pressure reducing valve well enough. If there are rubber seals at the unions, I could see the need for a jumper as there is an interruption of the metal piping / grounding pathway.