• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

An average day

Maybe the bolt doesn't project far enough above the plate for the threads to catch once a washer is installed?
I am not sure about there being enough bolt above the plate...I am sure that there is a whole lot of hole for the bolt. The hole is permitted to be 1/16" larger than the bolt.

Contractor did an entire dwelling re-pipe with stainless steel pipe and fittings. I have never seen such a thing.

IMG_1535 2.JPG

IMG_1535.JPG

IMG_1537.JPG
IMG_1536.JPG

P2903.3.1 Maximum pressure.
The static water pressure shall be not greater than 80 psi (551 kPa). Where the main pressure exceeds 80 psi (551 kPa), an approved pressure-reducing valve conforming to ASSE 1003 or CSA B356 shall be installed on the domestic water branch main or riser at the connection to the water service pipe.

We have some areas in the city that the operating pressure is 90 to 95 PSI

P2903.3.1 Maximum pressure.
The static water pressure shall be not greater than 80 psi (551 kPa). Where the main pressure exceeds 80 psi (551 kPa), an approved pressure-reducing valve conforming to ASSE 1003 or CSA B356 shall be installed on the domestic water branch main or riser at the connection to the water service pipe.

We have some areas in the city that the operating pressure is 90 to 95 PSI
The picture has a TPR-valve one would find on a water heater, not a conventional pressure reducing valve. It even has the BTU limits on it.

1614282679207.png

You would think that if he can afford all of that stainless steel piping he could afford the proper pressure reducer...

That copper clamp may be an issue when in contact with stainless steel piping? Just asking?