• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

An average day

I'm guessing that I asked this guy to strap a top plate at some previous job.

IMG_0158.jpeg

Ya it had to be me.

IMG_0160.jpeg

They wrapped around a house with an armored #4 to get to a plastic water main. Such a thing as that makes one leery of everything they've done.

The plastic pipe behind the sill cock is probably for the lawn sprinkler goes to the combined backflow preventer and sprinkler control valve in the foreground, the bond appears toe be on the metal pipe going into the building and hopefully the metal water main.

The plastic pipe behind the sill cock is probably for the lawn sprinkler goes to the combined backflow preventer and sprinkler control valve in the foreground, the bond appears toe be on the metal pipe going into the building and hopefully the metal water main.
That's the problem with virtual inspection. According to the contractor this is the water main. It it at the front of the dwelling and far away from the service panel. I thought that the sprinkler valve was tapped into the main before the main shutoff. But as usual, what do I know? I think a shovel is needed.

Now that I’ve had my coffee ... looks like the clamp behind the valve is to a metal pipe, but the pipe in the ground is plastic. Makes me wonder if this is the supply line to the house. But then they run a short bx cable to a true ground rospd, and then a long bx around the house to the back. Surely there was a hose bibb off a metal pipe somewher in back that would have a shorter bx run.

This was found during a review of pictures for a PEX re-pipe virtual inspection. There's a sheet metal something below it....any ideas what that might be. The yellow and black cable looks like it may be a whip.

IMG_0622.jpeg

This was found during a review of pictures for a PEX re-pipe virtual inspection. There's a sheet metal something below it....any ideas what that might be. The yellow and black cable looks like it may be a whip.

View attachment 7118
Looks like an exhaust fan housing. Wiring looks like it splits power for a fan and light.