• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Good morning snow winter 2009-2010

Re: Good morning snow winter 2009-2010

All I can say is you guys are friggin crazy for living where it gets that cold!!!

What is the benefit of living where it's cold enough to freeze your farts??? :shock: They'll just thaw out and go pfffffff while you're in a coffee shop and stink up the place, and everybody will know it was you!! That would be very embarrasing! :oops:

Mule: Sound doesn't freeze! So if one thaws out, move to the back of the line and loudly say OH MY SOMEBODY RIPPED ONE! :lol:

Northeast checking in...

Another 5" or so this morning, turned to freezing rain (frozen rain?), then just plain rain! Not freezing our keesters off, but wet and sloppy.

Town Hall has a flat roof.

A flat LEAKY roof.

Why do we build flat roofed buildings in areas that get snow?

Oh well, keeps me busy for part of the afternoon anyway.

From a yaHoo news article on-line now...

"High winds knocked down the two-story Christmas tree that, until Wednesday morning, stood in the center of downtown Champaign, Ill."

You guys are really getting SLAMMED out there. Anybody near northeastern Arizona? I have a good friend in the Concho area and was wondering how bad it is there...

it's up to a sizzling 22 degrees now after 3 this morning.

mule,

cold weather people light their farts,it's a bio heat source :mrgreen:

Minus 10 degrees at 6 am here. Had to refill my gas tank after warming up my rig.

20 degrees and light snow but the high winds have knocked out power for about 10,000 people altogether on both sides of the river. They got the system back up - only about 1500 without power now. The brunt of it went north.

Hey, mule! You guys have had a snowfall already - in TEXAS. We've only had flurries so far.

btw: jp,

Are you up in the Sheradon area? Ever stop in at the theater there and talk with Bill Campbell?

All I can say is you guys are friggin crazy for living where it gets that cold!!!
We all have different reasons. after growing up in south Fl mine are a couple of these

Montana ranks 44th in population; only six states (Alaska, Wyoming, South Dakota, North Dakota, Vermont and Delaware) have fewer people. As of 2008, Montana has an estimated population of 967,440,

That equates out to 6.67 people per sq mile

According to the 2000 U.S. Census, 94.8% of the population aged 5 and older speak English at home.[15]

Besides the inlaws won't visit in the winter and I am not at home in the 2 weeks of summer so it works out just fine :lol:

Delaware is right out my back door. It is small and crowded! Not at all like Big Sky Country!

Heavy rain over night with some flooding. I have seen some big floods. Today was just an average one. Fools trying to drive through water up to the air intake.

Almost had to cite a few fish for not stopping for a red light! :lol:

Similar to MT, being a former South Floridian my reasons are on target with his and Mayberry is just fine with me.

Blizzard warning through tomorrow and 6-8" predicted. Winds at 45 with gusts to 60....I'll wait to go bumper skiing I think :D

Love it here. Just wish I would have moved here 30 years ago. Complain? No. Just reporting the weather. -10 right now. Waiting for the UPS guy to deliver the rest of the parts for my new ATV snow plow. He should be here in the next hour or so? Life here is beyond the best. Just can not describe. You have to be here. :D :D :D

Only minus 2 this AM, we're warming up. Of course snow is predicted starting this afternoon so it would warm up. Watch out everyone, here comes another storm! :D :cool:

I love living here with the changing seasons, small town, and the gorgeous views! Sure beats the heat and humidity of south FL.

Sue, living in the other CA

FM, Great talking to you today and thanks a million for the code references on the 06-101 LSC. The ribeye and cold beer offer stands. One of the joys in life here is sharing with others what we have been blessed with.

On a side note: Go Bobby Welsh!!! I know you are up against it but you had a 89.5 2 days ago. Come on! You can pull it out! Judges??? What the heck??? Last night SHOULD have been a re-ride!!! What were you thinking???

-7 and droping tonight. Bobby placed 3rd. Hey Darin Morgan, You should be proud of your nephew!!!

Fm,

Put in some applications; and if you land a better job; then, ask her what she thinks. You can always turn it down if she says no.

Uncle Bob

Ok, spent some time mid-afternoon Saturday getting the mower deck off the yard tractor and the plw blade on. (After getting it out of the frozen mud it sank into AND inflating the front tire that was flat!). :shock:

All in all it went well despite the cold (20s) and the wind. Did a little plowing just to get everything moving and working. Went back out yesterday (Sunday) in the rain to finish both my driveway and Mother-in-Law next door. :D

Rain in December SUCKS! :x

Now, if I can just find the right size chains for the back tires... :roll:

UB:

Yea, was looking at that Idaho job posted by Globe T. You sound way to much like my wife :lol: My wife is really supportive and I really would like to retire out west like MT, WY or UT and I totally get your message. We'll see when an offer comes how supportive she really is....... her comfort level here for the past 16 years will be hard to sway. That empty nesting thing may also factor in to the lightly debated discussions :)

Oh.... back on topic, it's cold here today, dog pee'ed on Christmas tree (can't really blame him) but no snow :D

Sue,

That looks like more of a Ghost Town that a 'snow town'. Or a view after a nuclear fallout...

Where is everybody? Are you that hard on the citizenry? :D