• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

ICC Survey Regarding Bulletin Boards

FM William Burns said:
BTW.......reagrding:Where has Brudgers gone? I did like him/her!
The last time I remember him adding any comments was when I outed his identity by calling him "Ben." A little Googling found that he's Ben Rudgers, an architect in Auburn Alabama. He uses the same moniker on other discussion posts so it wasn't difficult.

Oh, and FyrBldgGuy, That's a bug in their program. They know about it. It's just a lot lower on the priority list than other issues with the web site. I just can't believe they actually launched the site without it being fully tested.

just wanted to be 100!!!!!!!!!!!

one thing about this site, is if you try to find it from a search engine it is hard, give it a try without knowing the name of the site!!!!!

Not an internet person, so do not know how to resolve that.

I have used building code, building code disscussion, building code forum, etc

Gene Boecker said:
The last time I remember him adding any comments was when I outed his identity by calling him "Ben." A little Googling found that he's Ben Rudgers, an architect in Auburn Alabama. He uses the same moniker on other discussion posts so it wasn't difficult.Oh, and FyrBldgGuy, That's a bug in their program. They know about it. It's just a lot lower on the priority list than other issues with the web site. I just can't believe they actually launched the site without it being fully tested.
Oh, he's on the areforum.org forum. I believe he still frequents this forum.

CDA: That will improve with time! problem is I excluded a bunch of bots that gather Internet info early on. I didn't know the difference between a good bot and a bad one. & Gene why be surprised about not testing the site before launching it. Jeff put this up in a few hours. We never tested and yes we have some bugs. If memory severs me correctly we talked at around 6pm and this thing was working the next morning.

I used to visit the former ICC web site quite often. I thought it was one of the easiest to use sites around. The bulletin board was fantastic... enough about that. The decision to change it was a boneheaded one for sure. I don't go to the new ICC site except to see if anyone is using the "communes" of interest. Today they remain next to dead.

I've been a member of ICC since the days when my membership card said "SBCCI" instead of ICC. I renewed my membership last week, and had to work hard to justify it. If my wife hadn't encouraged me to renew, I wouldn't have. Sad.

Gordon,

Welcome to the "new & improved" Codes Forum! :)

This is THE place to be and to learn & discuss. I too, am a former

SBCCI active member! I also used to be an active member in "the Cow".

What benefits are you receiving by being a member? Just curious...

Anyhoo... I hope that you will come back often and join in the

discussions. This is a lively place! :D

I still have not responded yet. Anyone who didn't get an invite can have mine for 5 dolla. LOL!!!

Here! Here! Fatboy... The '97 UBC made sense and was not difficult to use [except for the index, of which I haven't found a good one in a code book, yet.] Heavy sigh.

I am still waiting for my membership package and free trip from this site!!!!!

Anyone know where the customer service number is ?????

Dear cda: Customer service has informed me that you did not receive you new member package or your two free tickets to Baghdad. These were being offered for a limited time to the first 100 hundred members. I have further checked into this matter with the Post Master General who informs me that the postal system lost 3.5 billion dollars this year. As I probed deeper in to the problem I have discovered that besides the finical loss, the postal system has misplaced, damaged or can't find 3 trillion pieces of mail. On a lighter note,I can report that JP did receive his two jars of apple butter in exchange for a fine Wyoming hat.

It is unfortunate that the new member start up kit did not arrive. Since it was offered for a limited time we will be unable to fulfill your request. In a quest to please all members I forwarded this compliant to the supreme commander (Jeff) who's response was as follows. Since Mr. cda did not claim his kit or tickets in a timely manner and failed to register a complaint under rule 2675 A Subsection (b) (ii) (g) I (Jeff) as supreme Captain have cashed in those tickets and use the proceeds for a fun filled family vacation.

"In an effort to please all members all the time we are truly sorry." If you have further problems with your member privileges please feel free to contact us via the site. In this manner we will remain fully transparent. The phone # reference by FM has been disconnected. Due to hard times and economic conditions we are not able to man the phones. We have increased band width to handle the increase in activity due to the termination of phone service. If for some reason you can not reach us, after you have posted your complaint please press the shift key on your computer and continue to pound the #3 key while holding down the shift key.

Thank you & better luck next time:

Customer Service

Now that's what I call customer service!!! The Cash Cow should take some lessons from the management of this organization.

One thing to remember.....If continuing to hold down the shift key and pounding the #3 key doesn't work.........in the search function of your computer type in "Format C" when prompted to answer a question...answer "Yes" You won't be bothered by the ICC web site ever again!

View attachment 164

Now thats funny!!!
pencil.png
View attachment 164

/monthly_2010_08/572953b82b955_ccfatandhappy..jpg.cb3578fa61a6dfec3f4da9a555dc70ec.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: