• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

List of Members going to Denver

That means there are a lot of users out there that are not on this forum.

JP,

Thanks for the update; out of the 25 we will have 8 attending; with our Peach on board.

I doubt that the other 17 are attending as a group. If we are together on our objectives; that will give us a good opportunity to meet our goals.

Uncle Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
I just emailed JP my contact info, like I said, all I would really need is the hotel room.

If I'm not officially invited, I still plan on connecting with y'all Wednesday, then I'll just lurk the next couple days................:cool:

fatboy, Just passed the information along to Valerie. Heres hoping. I'll follow-up with a phone call later today or tomorrow morning.

We will have Wednesday and Thursday evening free for planing and "other" things. I have a folding table and chairs. Should I bring a deck of cards for a few hands of Holdem? I'm not very good, but, playing helps my alzhiemers. ;)

Uncle Bob

391247721.jpg

I think if you point to all the good things about this BB, you'll help them to understand why the ICC BB is dead in the water. All the things we liked about the old ICC BB are here, now, on this BB. Did anyone think to ask Jeff what he thinks, personally? He's done a great service to the people who want to find answers in a friendly, if somewhat touchy sometimes, atmosphere. It's working now. It worked then.

Ewenme,

Jeff saved our group; and, at the last minute. If it wasn't for him we would not be together or be a force to engage the ICC. He has carried this burden for us; rejecting any financial help. We'll have to wait and see what happens in Denver.

I'm sure he knows how much we appreciate him. I will always be indebted to him for what he has done for us.

Uncle Bob

I agree with ewenme! What position does Jeff have, regardless of Denver?

I have said it before... we have a good home now, ...very functional, ...monitored

to a good level, ...not too many personal attacks, ...user friendly, ...free access,

...lots of good knowledgeable people with tons & tons of experience, and on

and on and on.

Exactly why is there a perception that we need to go back? Go back to

something that is broken then, and broken now. Not user friendly either!

Until Jeff comes out and makes a declarative statement that he [ and the

other administrators ] cannot or will not offer the forum, then I am staying

put. I get all of the information and code banter that I want & need

from this forum.

Jeff has graciously provided us all with a "blazed" new trail. I say "let's

keep on blazing it!" In time, others will find their way here. Rome was

not built in a day.

I just do not see a need to go back! :confused:

I'm with UB; Jeff stepped up to the plate and hit a grand slam. I'm going to Denver to see what they say and how they say it. I'm not going to stop using this forum just because ICC gets their act together (maybe). Figure this meeting like a Hannity focus group.

I would like to know who else is invited besides us.

Thinking about it, I like the fact that this board is not tied to any official organization involved with my employment, even indirectly. And my offer to pay to use this board still stands, whenever Jeff says he needs it, whether ICC has a good BB or not.

Boom, Boom, Boom! Told ya. :)

(this message will self-distruct at 2200 hrs. central time)

Uncle Bob

I won't stop using this forum regardless of what happens in Denver.

I almost see ICC's point... $75 bucks is pretty cheap to get code consulting (and new members get a code book).. however $0 is better, which is what it costs to come here and they can get the same code consulting/opinions - just no free code book.

The real problem is their site.. I tried to log in the other day... can't.. still can't get to what you want to see for free. I'd like to see them bring the old BB back.. I'd participate in both.. but sharepoint is a limiting factor.. not a good platform. See you in Denver!

I won't stop using this forum regardless of what happens in Denver.

I almost see ICC's point... $75 bucks is pretty cheap to get code consulting (and new members get a code book).. however $0 is better, which is what it costs to come here and they can get the same code consulting/opinions - just no free code book.

The real problem is their site.. I tried to log in the other day... can't.. still can't get to what you want to see for free. I'd like to see them bring the old BB back.. I'd participate in both.. but sharepoint is a limiting factor.. not a good platform. See you in Denver!

I don't like the sharepoint platform ICC is using. While joining ICC has it's benefits (a new code book), and $75 is pretty cheap for code consulting; if the best code consultants aren't there, it's a waste of money. I'd like ICC to go back to what they had.

I don't like the sharepoint platform ICC is using. While joining ICC has it's benefits (a new code book), and $75 is pretty cheap for code consulting; if the best code consultants aren't there, it's a waste of money. I'd like ICC to go back to what they had.

= = = = =

ICC cannot go back to what they had! Not without it costing them a

lot of money and a lot of the executives being terminated. They

[ maybe ] can tweak the BB a little, ...maybe even offer a few perks

but realistically, what are they going to provide you in Denver?

More empty promises... ? Short of a total revamping of the

whole ICC "shootin' match", or some other entity comes along

and buys them out [ i.e. - ASTM, U.L., NFPA, Uncle Sam's

Kode Services, LLC, or other ], ...I am dubious of anything they

do / say / offer. Talk and promises are cheap. How many of

the top execs. at ICC are willing to be terminated to "go back"

to a lesser position / status, so that a bunch of code officials

would come back to their site? :eek: I think that ICC has

gone too far down a certain path to be able to correct it now.

I might be wrong! we'll see...

Does anyone on here know what the current financial status

of ICC is?

IMO, [ again ], why is there a perception that "we" need to

go back? I sincerely believe that we have an excellent

forum here now. Let's continue to keep making this one

better and better. :cool:

= = = = =

I'm not saying I'd flock back to the ICC forum if they could reinstate it as it was tomorrow. I like what we're starting to build here.

I maintain my personal membership in ICC because it's professionally important for me to do so; it gives me a level of credibility that my competitors don't possess (and I get a discount on Code books).

north star, great to hear from you and point well taken.UB also makes an excellent point as well. I personally feel well at home here. Thats for sure. We all owe Jeff and rjj quite a lot and I beleive not one here would dispute that. Denver should be interesting. Time well spent remains to be seen. Perhaps we will all be bought out and get in bed with the feds??? LOL. NOT. It will also be very interesting after Denver to read the posts here and there will be posts. Been bucked off before. Lets see what this horse, mule, (no offense Mule) goat, cow, has after the chute opens.

View attachment 181

View attachment 181

/monthly_2010_08/572953b85fc05_madcow..jpg.f37626fd66c4c7548fe5d10fb61127f6.jpg

We won't get this!Although I'm not invited (I think), I honestly don't believe Jeff and Rjj will have any issues with ICC thinking about revamping their mess. Safe travels to all and extend the olive branch. However, don't do this (in your brainstorming session) like my family did and miss the opportunity......... :)

View attachment 182

View attachment 182

/monthly_2010_08/disfunctional_drunk_family.jpg.d91928b3f8c9ae8481dbd9e40698a38c.jpg

rjj, cards it is.

Post Script, After Denver the Charlotte deal. But the real focus post Denver is hunting + nothing. Winter is only weeks away. Charlotte is just a junk-it.

JP,

I expect to see a future pic of you kissing one of those nice Goats or Mullie's come November :) Ok, I won't hijack anymore since I'm not going but will miss seeing you and FB again. I glad UB is the Designated Driver :)