• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

List of Members going to Denver

Yup, feeling a little sorry for myself that I either missed or trashed the invitation, s'ok tho.

PG, they are going to be at the Marriot Courtyard out at DIA, going to have a pow-wow Wednesday night when they get it, I'm planning on crashing that party at least.

see you all there.... depending on Wednesday's schedule, I may come in sweaty ... (God help my seat mates on the flight out there).

Jager bombs? Sorry. Tryed that 3 years ago in Billings. I'm getting too old for that crap. I do find it interesting that the icc will reimburst for 2 drinks per meal? Thats just bs. Meals ok. But if you want a snort YOU PAY YOUR OWN WAY!

One a different note: Just got in. There is nothing like sitting a good horse for a couple of hours. Nothing else matters. Focused, riding, sun setting, best best friends, wife on a paint beside you, the cool fall air knowing summer is over, coyotes howling...

Horse divers and iced tea on Wednesday evening;

Arrive Wednesday, September 8, 2010 -- Welcome Reception scheduled 7:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. in the hotel with drinks and light hors d'oeuvres provided.

THURSDAY, September 9, 2010 -- Meeting from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

Continental breakfast, Lunch, beverages are provided

and

FRIDAY, September 10, 2010 – Meeting from 8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.

Continental breakfast and Lunch provided

I think the meals are going to be pretty meager. The breakfast will be compliments of Marriot's free Continental breakfast (do it yourself style); and, the ICC is buying lunch (most likely pizza or some other fast food); and, were on our own for supper; which some have already decided to drink. :D

Ya'll get as soused as you want to; but, your going to be at the 8:30 a.m. meeting on time, if I have to set off the fire alarms.

Use the stairs; not the elevators; just in case. :cool:

Uncle Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
I mentioned it earlier, but didn't get much response... Thursday night is the 1st NFL game of the season (Saints vs. Vikings). That's where I will be - probably watching it in the hotel lounge. Other football fans are welcome to join me.

Ok UB: The meeting is at 8:30 I'll be right behind ya! Sure glag you let me come along! When do we start blasting them with paint balls?

thumbnailCAJ197DE.jpg

UB are you sure this is the road to Denver?

Vegas Paul,

Not sure I'll have the time; I only watch the Cowboys lose anyway. The meat of the program will be on Thursday; and I will probably be going over what we have discussed and preparing for Friday morning meeting. Also the Friday meeting will last till 1:00 O'clock and check out time is 12:00 O'clock; so we'll have to be packed and out of our rooms before 8:30 a.m.; before the meeting starts Friday.

I'm hoping that Thursday; we will be able to produce a good base for a new ICC forum. If I find that they are just presenting what they have already decided on; and not seriously open to a new open and free to all BB format; then I may join you.

Uncle Bob

Well, truth be known, I typically turn in about 9pm every evening. Works for me. I'm a morning person.

I hope that they are not expecting a suite & tie? I have only owned one suite in my life. Bought it when I got married XX years ago. Hell, I don't even own a tie these days.

JP,

I'm working class; so it's slacks and a short sleeve shirt for me (no tie).

By the way, you flyers will have to pack and have your stuff out of the room before the Friday morning meeting (check out 12:00 O'clock). I suppose you can pile your suitcases in the meeting room, until 1:00 O'clock, when the meeting ends.

Now, that's class, :D

Uncle Bob

"Arrive Wednesday, September 8, 2010 -- Welcome Reception scheduled 7:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. in the hotel with drinks and light hors d'oeuvres provided."

Well, that's friggen lovely, nice way to squeeze the non-invited out..........guess I'll be going to the local builders group meeting that was conflicting with the get-together. Had hoped to see you all, but not going to make a two-hour round-trip drive for 15 minutes of "how ya doing"..........

I'll be getting into DIA around 12:30 on Wednesday. How about everyone else?

Anything to do between 12:30 and 7:30?

Called the hotel, it will be a $40-60 cab ride, one way into Denver.

The hotel has a free shuttle, it's only about 7 miles away. I'll be there around 5:30 p.m. Warning! I'll be wearing a tie! (That's what I wear to work, and I'm working 1/2 day).

vegas paul said:
The hotel has a free shuttle, it's only about 7 miles away.
Yeah, I was planning on taking the shuttle from DIA to the hotel. I was hoping to get to downtown Denver, but not for $40 - 60 dollars.

No suit for me. Probably jeans and a polo.

Downtown Denver is ok I guess. It's still just another big city. We could use the afternoon / early evening to visit and figure out who is who and discuss the task at hand? Personally, Id rather go to Bass Pro. Pretty cool and they have a very good restaurant.

Fatboy,

You be at the Marriot Wednesday evening; no excuses!

We got this message;

"If you have not confirmed already, please call or email DeMika at 757.578.4923 x219 or DeMika.Lofton@ webteks.com to confirm your attendance at the Welcome Reception by Tuesday, August 30, 2010 5:00 p.m. EST. "

I doubt that very many of us "confirmed our attendance at the Welcome Reception". I know I didn't; and if we do make it; you are my guest. It's just a meet and greet anyway.

Uncle Bob