• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

WELCOME NEW Members!

mikeathley

Just got here, let me tell you how...
I am a city marshal in a type A general law city in Texas. I have been doing the work of the code enforcement officer as well. Today I was called in and I am now the bldg/code official because the water clerk no longer wishes to issue building permits and we have adopted the 2018 ICC. Our city is currently at just over 3000 but we just opened 5 new subdivisions this month and our property sales along the I35 corridor are booming. What kind of a hornets nest have I stepped into?

cda

Sawhorse 123
Just got here, let me tell you how...
I am a city marshal in a type A general law city in Texas. I have been doing the work of the code enforcement officer as well. Today I was called in and I am now the bldg/code official because the water clerk no longer wishes to issue building permits and we have adopted the 2018 ICC. Our city is currently at just over 3000 but we just opened 5 new subdivisions this month and our property sales along the I35 corridor are booming. What kind of a hornets nest have I stepped into?

Welcome from DFW area

Are you a one horse office, or are there inspectors under you?

How many sq miles is the city?

Any building, electrical, plumbing code knowledge?