• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

WELCOME NEW Members!

Elizabethtown is a 2005 American romantic tragicomedy film written and directed by Cameron Crowe and distributed by Paramount Pictures. Its story follows a young shoe designer who is down on his luck and was recently fired from his job after costing his company close to $1 billion. On the verge of suicide, he receives a call from his sister informing him of the death of his father.

A billion dollars....the cobbler cobbled the works.

Hello from Florida's treasure coast!
I'm a recent member and so glad I found this forum! I am a commercial designer and have to interpret and apply codes on all my projects... on a regular basis. (and sometimes even read plan examiner's minds ;) ). With new changes, it's so great to be able to get better understanding from all of you on the trenches every day!

Hello from Florida's treasure coast!
I'm a recent member and so glad I found this forum! I am a commercial designer and have to interpret and apply codes on all my projects... on a regular basis. (and sometimes even read plan examiner's minds ;) ). With new changes, it's so great to be able to get better understanding from all of you on the trenches every day!
Welcome, for FL specific issues JAR will be an excellent resource. Well, not just FL, but figured that might be a priority.

Hello,

I'm a seasoned architect who recently jumped into the seat of a retiring CBO. We have a good department that provides me a lot of support while I figure everything out.

Patrick

< = = = >

phillier937,

Welcome to The Building Codes Forum !
:)
Also, ...thank you for becoming a paid subscriber \ contributor
[ e.g. - a Sawhorse ] of this Forum.

You have found & joined THE BEST Codes Forum on the internet !

We welcome your experience !........Jump right in.......The
water is just fine.

< = = = >

Reactions: VAC
Hi everyone
i'm new here
I want to bring to your attention the products that our company TORSION-TOOLS produces in Serbia - hydraulic equipment for screw pile installation. Tell me, in which section of the forum can I place my ad?
We deliver worldwide, and I know that Canadian spesialists of construction sector do use screw piles
You can start by becoming a corporate supporter and we will list your company's name along the appropriate thread area. We also need transparency with your IP and location. If, for example, we find any involvement with Russia, we will close your account. I am apprehensive because of your country's ties to Russia.

Hi team!

I'm new to the forum and work as a freelance draftsman doing architectural drafting and interior design work. I recently relocated from California to Nebraska and work with a few architects and contractors on the regular. Most of my work is residential out of SoCal still, but I'm hoping to transition over to Nebraska to keep my work and network more local. I'll be doing lots of code research here.

Hi team!

I'm new to the forum and work as a freelance draftsman doing architectural drafting and interior design work. I recently relocated from California to Nebraska and work with a few architects and contractors on the regular. Most of my work is residential out of SoCal still, but I'm hoping to transition over to Nebraska to keep my work and network more local. I'll be doing lots of code research here.
Welcome!

I joined here almost 6 weeks ago after finding the thread "An Average Day." Took me a week to read some 260 pages. A huge rabbit hole that I really enjoyed.

As for me, I'm late 70's retired GC (do we ever completely retire?) and side gig antiques repair guy. Not just furniture, but metal work, plastics, electrical (studying electronics) and the wood shop. No retail and no refinishing. The dealers don't approve of refinishing but rather making it look like nothing was done. Sometimes that's the challenge.

As a GC I built every part of a house and did 3-4 years worth of TI. Never built a whole house, but did some deep renovations of large historic homes. For 25 years out of 50 I sold and installed doors and windows. 99% residential and a lot of historic. 100's of repairs to same.

Not a lot of education — a 2 year degree in English. I sure didn't know where that was going, so I became a mechanic before entering the trades as a painter. Union, commercial and residential. It was painting that gave me insight to all the other trades and I started learning them one by one starting with drywall, then plaster and finally room adds. I never really quit painting, but I didn't pursue just painting, just took it when it was part of something bigger. I was union for only 4 years before starting my own business. The switch to doors and windows came in '85 and ended with the Great Recession. While plumbers were always busy keeping the water hot, people didn't need new window replacement.

So from then until now I've been doing the antiques and being an over qualified handyman (a word I hate). I'm only the 2nd owner of a 1930 SoCal Spanish stucco home. It's very original on the surface with a ton of upgrades behind the wall and below the floor. All done by yours truly since 1998. Bought from the son of the lady that built it. Oh, and it has original mahogany windows.

Hello all, I'm an architect based out of Chicago. I've browsed various topic threads in the forums for a number of years to help find answers that apply to my projects. I decided to create an account because I've come upon a particular question I have yet to find an answer to.

Hello: Can someone please share the IFC or IBC Commentaries, Thanks in advance for your kind help. WG