• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

WELCOME NEW Members!

cda said:
WelcomeYou more than likely can help us more than we can help you

How did you find us

Are you able to say what company you work for
I like to try to constantly look for new sources and points of view in my field. I just came across this page. It seems to be a good resource of knowledge and i thought i would join and see what help I could get and offer all that i could in return. I work for APSFIRE. If i can help with questions I will do my best but when it comes to inspections I am relatively new and my other fields are just starting. I have big dreams and thankfully my company supports those.

Tomskili said:
I like to try to constantly look for new sources and points of view in my field. I just came across this page. It seems to be a good resource of knowledge and i thought i would join and see what help I could get and offer all that i could in return. I work for APSFIRE. If i can help with questions I will do my best but when it comes to inspections I am relatively new and my other fields are just starting. I have big dreams and thankfully my company supports those.
Fantastic

I am in DFW area , in case you have a question down this way

Hello, I am an architect from Maryland, working on primarily commercial buildings. I have already received some helpful code tips from some of the members -- thank you.

Welcome to the forum George Mc Gerd!

It doesn't take long to realize what a great resource this foum is!

And I see you have already jumped in, good job!

Howdy all! I am a CPBD in Austin, Texas. I have been designing homes since 1997.

We deal with a LOT of odd design stuff here in Austin (i.e. the Austin McMansion guidelines) which has been interesting for the past few years. Now I am doing more multi-family drawings, and finding that I need to broaden my knowledge base a bit. I appreciate real-life solutions as opposed to code-speak. I grew up framing homes (the son of a home builder) so what I draw not only should meet code, it should be practical as well. For those of you who have ever held a hammer, you know what I mean.

Thank you all in advance for your help!

EnvisionMan said:
Howdy all! I am a CPBD in Austin, Texas. I have been designing homes since 1997. We deal with a LOT of odd design stuff here in Austin (i.e. the Austin McMansion guidelines) which has been interesting for the past few years. Now I am doing more multi-family drawings, and finding that I need to broaden my knowledge base a bit. I appreciate real-life solutions as opposed to code-speak. I grew up framing homes (the son of a home builder) so what I draw not only should meet code, it should be practical as well. For those of you who have ever held a hammer, you know what I mean.

Thank you all in advance for your help!
Welcome

There is nothing odd in Austin

Just weird

Ask away

Welcome to the forum joshua23!!

Post away. If you don't mind me asking, what is your background, what viewpoint do you bring to the forum?

Hello!

I'm a homeowner in Texas who would love to have my own home built instead of living in a cookie cutter house. I keep playing around with general features and plans, trying to understand our options and how those would best meet our life and goals. A friend pointed out that an unorthodox room arrangement might violate building codes, which was a fundamental issue I realized I'd so far completely overlooked in my dreaming.

While we'll use professionals for the plans when the time eventually comes, I want to have a decent working knowledge and understanding of the broader scope so we can make informed decisions. I'm grateful to be here, absorbing what I can.

Welcome Dreamer! This is not necessarily a DIY forum, but bring on any questions, you WILL get answers...........

New member here, I joined trying to reply to a topic in the Commercial Codes forum but my reply never showed up. Curious to see if I can indeed post here.

Dave in WI said:
New member here, I joined trying to reply to a topic in the Commercial Codes forum but my reply never showed up. Curious to see if I can indeed post here.
Yes you are here and welcome to the forum!

Hello everyone!!

My name is Adam Symonette, I recently just completed all the courses required to take the Florida Fire Safety inspectors states. I would like some advice on what I should study hard on. I also would like some advice on the Code Book on how to better grasp the book. I keep trying to read it but it's just not clicking!! Thanks again!!

Welcome Adam!

I can't speak to the Florida code, I can tell you rather than trying to rad the code, figure out how it is organized in the boof. Table of Contents and the Index are you friend you need to get to know. Also, go to the ICC site and check out their online training, makes you get into the code for answers. Also, I have heard the flashcards that you can purchase are helpful.

Good Luck, keep us posted!

Hello my name is Matt Berman, found this forum looking for an answer and was impressed by the many good answers,joined up and signed up for a saw horse

Yes Welcome to the Forum

Jump on in. Some days it is a refreshing swim on a hot day, other days you may feel like you are in shark infested waters

Welcome Matt, glad to have you, and welcome to the sawhourse community! Glad you jumped in at the club level!