• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

An average day

Why can't you just shove a piece of shingle up in there with some "Oh Henry plastic roof cement?" and call it good.

Have to take all the modules off?

Why can't you just shove a piece of shingle up in there with some "Oh Henry plastic roof cement?" and call it good.

Have to take all the modules off?
i suspect that it’s an array with more than one row of panels, so flashing in the middle of the array that can’t be reached without removing the panels.

I ask for specific pictures in order to perform a virtual inspection. With a furnace in a closet I ask to see the combustion air openings. You would think that they would at least clean the screens.

thumb_320.jpeg

thumb_320-1.jpeg

Last edited:
There is a weep screed and it should be 2" above the concrete. The lath is self furring but they managed to overcome that feature with staples at 6" on center.

This is a correction written during a water heater inspection. Does a water heater have a tail piece?
IMG_0141 2.jpeg

Last edited:
This correction was written during an inspection of a room addition. There is no mechanical or electrical plan and the inspector has told them to submit plan revisions to the plan check engineer. Asking for installation instructions for mounting mini-splits?

IMG_4170.jpeg

Last edited:
Doesn't it have to be seismic in Cali?...They say you are tough.....I wouldn't be too critical of the word tailpiece, plans for residential? or commercial job?

Doesn't it have to be seismic in Cali?...They say you are tough.....I wouldn't be too critical of the word tailpiece, plans for residential? or commercial job?
When an inspector doesn't know the terminology it is no surprise that the correction states that the T&P + the smitty pan
shall have a drain that terminates no more than 6" above grade.

The compressor is a skinny little mini-split at a residence. There was no mechanical plan to revise, and who the Heck would ask
for a plan check review of the anchorage to a plastic platform sitting in the yard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhhh... the weep screed, "Does your weep screed weep?";)

Thanks for the lesson, ICE!

IPC T&P termination

10. Terminate not more than 6 inches (152 mm) above
and not less than two times the discharge pipe diameter
above the floor or flood level rim of the waste
receptor.

Pan drain

504.7.2 Pan drain termination. The pan drain shall
extend full size and terminate over a suitably located indirect
waste receptor or floor drain or extend to the exterior
of the building and terminate not less than 6 inches (152
mm) and not more than 24 inches

608.5 Discharge Piping. The discharge piping serving a temperature relief valve, pressure relief valve, or combination of both shall have no valves, obstructions, or means of isolation and be provided with the following:

(3) Discharge pipe shall discharge independently by gravity through an air gap into the drainage system or outside of the building with the end of the pipe not exceeding 2 feet (610 mm) and not less than 6 inches (152 mm) above the ground and pointing downwards.

ICE, Post 4,248, any back story on this? Need more information before I scrutinize the caption.:eek: