• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

An average day

Is that unbonded CSST or a very long yellow gas connector with a coupler in the middle missing the manufactures tags? Take your pick!

At least theres an emergency light nearby so you can see the disaster when it happens.

So how does one fix mutilated trusses? I assume since it is a engineered product that a fix would have to be engineered.

So how does one fix mutilated trusses? I assume since it is a engineered product that a fix would have to be engineered.
Correct, an engineered repair detail will have to be provided. And the dummy that cut up the truss will probably not be the guy doing the repair.

While working on a design team for a multi-story apartment building, I suggested to the construction manager that he buy a couple extra joists per floor in case they have some that want to be directly beneath a toilet or shower. If they need extra joists to straddle a plumbing fixture, they are on site. If they do not need them, they can be scrapped. I thought it was a small price to pay to avoid butcher jobs. He thought it was a good idea.

While working on a design team for a multi-story apartment building, I suggested to the construction manager that he buy a couple extra joists per floor in case they have some that want to be directly beneath a toilet or shower. If they need extra joists to straddle a plumbing fixture, they are on site. If they do not need them, they can be scrapped. I thought it was a small price to pay to avoid butcher jobs. He thought it was a good idea.
Did the same thing for the last house i built for a buddy...He was the plumber so we laid it out to miss the floor trusses anyway, but a couple extra framing members are cheap

Do the jumper cables count as a disconnect...So therefore 110.26A applies?

Electrical.JPG

Attachments

• Electrical.JPG
    Electrical.JPG
    6.9 MB · Views: 13
Last edited by a moderator:
Every now and then, do you run into something that just makes you wonder what the heck people were thinking.

This is a dryer vent, by the way.

Attachments

• IMG_20230224_134932.jpg
    IMG_20230224_134932.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 23
Wayne,
Is there a listing associated with the NM844? If the answer is yes I would suppose that the (10)12/ 2 would be legal. If there is no listing it is up to the inspector. That type of fitting is prone to loose cables.....The cable is not secured well. Toss in one round cable and it goes away....include a 10/3 and where are you on the chart? It is plastic.....The smarter electricians use metal fittings....

View attachment 9800

If I may ask, how long has it taken you to get through the Average Day thread?
Newbie here. Retired GC, thankfully. A week of reading so far.