• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

WELCOME NEW Members!

welcome

what is your question and there is a thread, a few doors down, called "residental mechaical codes" that may already have some answers for you.

But what is your question

kamran10 said:
i want to know about the range hoods. wish get help by this forum
Is that free range hoods you're wondering about or the ones that are kept in a cell?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello forum.

New member here, Glenn Mathewson

Curious. I was a regular of the OLD ICC forum (the one open to all). My user name was CSL. When that collapsed, most folks migrated to a PA site...something like PA inspector or something like that. I did not get involved with that forum...I ended my addiction.

Is there where all that has ended up? Is this the same group of members from that path I explained above? I remember characters like "Peach" and "Uncle Bob". I know there are others I would remember if I heard them.

Anyway. Happy to be here at this forum. It appears to be the only one out there about codes, other than the ICC one.

-Glenn

Yes sir, this is the place. I believe started as Inspecta PA. Jeff is our most gracious host here.

Welcome and enjoy.

Yes Glenn it can become an addiction

At the top under communities it will provide a drop down box. Click on "memmbers" and you will find a lot of the "old" names there

Welcome and I do remember CSL from the old site. Glad you are back

I didn't mention......remember also........

CSL............Codes Save Lives..............

Welcome back...........

Welcome Glenn, and thank you for joining us.

Hope you don't mind of me asking; are you the distinguish author of several articles on safer deck construction and code professional from fatboy's neck of the woods?

Francis

fatboy said:
I didn't mention......remember also........CSL............Codes Save Lives..............

Welcome back...........
Ha, ha! that is hilarious. Oh boy...memories. Did anyone ever come up with a definition for a bedroom? ha, ha! We never could figure one out in my jurisdiction.

Francis Vineyard said:
Welcome Glenn, and thank you for joining us.Hope you don't mind of me asking; are you the distinguish author of several articles on safer deck construction and code professional from fatboy's neck of the woods?

Francis
Thank you for the smile this morning, Francis...I don't think I've every been called distinguished. Yes, you are likely thinking of me...decks are my code specialty. I recently wrote an article in the ICC Building Safety Journal that I am really proud of, but I also regularly write for the Professional Deck Builder where I try to connect our nation's deck contractors with the code. I've also written for Fine Homebuilding and the JLC. Yes, I am in the Denver area.

I had the pleasure of publishing a book with ICC as well, Deck Construction Based on the 2009 IRC. You can learn more about it at DECKCODES.COM | SaferDecks

Most recently, I have been working to transform all my live seminars into online education. That project grew into opening a full online school, Building Code College | Online code education for construction professionals. I just received approval from ICC as an Approved Education Provider Partner and can issue CEU's to members for approved courses. (listing at iccsafe.org should be up today) At this time, I just opened with the first of four courses that make up the Building Codes for Building Deck series. The second should be open by Dec, followed by the last two early next year. I am working with other instructors to grow the course availability in the future. I'll be posting a thread in the education forum soon to provide more details. It will take time...I still work part time administering codes for a local government.

I'm also working to create a suite of mobile applications. The combustion air calculator (Combustulator) will be in Google Play by the end of the year. It's a cool little app for inspectors and installers...you'll like it. Screenshots and more details will be up at the promotional website soon, CodeCalculators.com

Sorry for the shameless self-promotion...but you gave such a great segue to it, Francis.

Thanks for the other warm welcomes. I remember some of those names as well. Glad to be back.

Glenn ( formerly known as "CSL"),

Glad to have you back onboard! Will you consider changing your forum name

back to the other name of " CSL " ? A few of us old timers remember you well

from that other place. Also, did you ever complete your Construction Terminolgy

Dictionary? That too was a good thread from the other forum before they kicked

us to the curb.