• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

WELCOME NEW Members!

Hi everyone. I never expected to be on a board like this, but I am a new homeowner with various issues in a restricted deed community and trying to learn codes and standards for myself since municipal officials have not explained themselves well and it leads to further questions. I've gotten some really good answers to my questions back very quickly here. Thanks everyone. I hope in the future I can contribute to others with questions related to affordable housing.

Welcome

We are just looking for a great cup of coffee

Good Morning, just wanted to introduce myself - I'm Chris Campbell, a fire protection engineer and code consultant based in Maryland. I run my own consulting firm and also write regularly on building code topics at www.buildingcode.blog. Glad to be on the forum and looking forward to interacting with you all!

Good Morning, just wanted to introduce myself - I'm Chris Campbell, a fire protection engineer and code consultant based in Maryland. I run my own consulting firm and also write regularly on building code topics at www.buildingcode.blog. Glad to be on the forum and looking forward to interacting with you all!

Welcome again,,,

We need an FPE, here!!!

New to the forum, I found it looking for a frost-depth answer. I am an amateur builder who works as a doctor in my real-world job.

New to the forum, I found it looking for a frost-depth answer. I am an amateur builder who works as a doctor in my real-world job.

Welcome ask away !!!

We do not do telecode......

Some of us do suffer from codeidous

What are some of your projects???

Hello everyone my name is Dave I am 25 years old I am a Web Designer, I love creating design and coding websites.

Hello all. I just joined yesterday, after finding this forum while searching Google for the answer to a question. I’m a semi-retired architect in Dallas, Texas. I do technical quality reviews, mostly.

Hello all. I just joined yesterday, after finding this forum while searching Google for the answer to a question. I’m a semi-retired architect in Dallas, Texas. I do technical quality reviews, mostly.

Welcome !!!!

We need all the help we can get

Hello all, I am new to the forum and looking forward to receiving insights from others. Hopefully I can can contribute to others as well. I am in the process of designing an addition of 16' x 25' and occasionally need input on code interpretations so looking forward to the conversations.

Hello all, I am new to the forum and looking forward to receiving insights from others. Hopefully I can can contribute to others as well. I am in the process of designing an addition of 16' x 25' and occasionally need input on code interpretations so looking forward to the conversations.
Welcome Nox.

Hello everyone,

I'm just a 35 yo building designer in San Diego. I draw plans for clients to get permits for new homes, adds, remodels, decks, patio covers retaining walls, & of course everyone's favorite... ADUs.

I've been trolling this site for a couple years, just pilfering good info and never contributing any bad questions. So I wanted to do my part and ask others about my more creative projects and details from time to time.

In the last 12 months I've been watching/podcasting the build show and the unbuild it podcast with Matt, Steve, Peter, Jake and guests. Needles to say I have no business trying to be as good as they are. But if I ever find a client that is interested in building plans for high performance, durable, & efficient homes maybe I can make some nice construction details and help make a better home...

Thanks

To All Members:

With a few changes we should see an increase in new members. It would be great to have new members post and tell us just what they do and give us the opportunity to welcome them into the forum. Please leave comments below.
I am new to this forum, look forward to expanding my knowledge on codes with everyone else. I am a building inspector at the local level, I often find myself with no one to share my conflicted situation with to get a better understanding.

I am new to this forum, look forward to expanding my knowledge on codes with everyone else. I am a building inspector at the local level, I often find myself with no one to share my conflicted situation with to get a better understanding.
Welcome. I too am on an island, except for this forum. Use it often and don't be shy. The only dumb question is the one not asked.