• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

WELCOME NEW Members!

ActionJackson00 said:
New member from Montana saying "hello".I have been reading posts for a while and decided I should join and participate.
Welcome

How did you find us

What do you do for a living

You been reading the groups thoughts and still jumped in, bless you

ActionJackson00 said:
New member from Montana saying "hello".I have been reading posts for a while and decided I should join and participate.
Welcome. Just wondering if you are involved in the ICC Montana Chapter?

cda said:
WelcomeHow did you find us

What do you do for a living

You been reading the groups thoughts and still jumped in, bless you
Thanks!

I had searched for some code related things and have found the answers in the past on the forum. I figured I should join and contribute.

I am an architectural intern at a small office in Bozeman. We mostly do residential work but are dabbling in commercial.

jpranch said:
Welcome. Just wondering if you are involved in the ICC Montana Chapter?
I am not. Is that separate from this forum?

fatboy said:
Welcome aboard, obviously we are happy to see you come out of the woods............ :)
It was time to come inside. It has already started snowing.

David Henderson said:
welcome aboard you can get all the answers you need and then some.
Thanks. It already seems that way.

As you get the feel of things and all the welcomes are done think about becoming a sawhorse! We can use support to keep things running. Hope you have a thick skin it can get rough at times. :D

Montana has a chapter of the International Code Council. The chapter has seminars across the state. Excellent learning experience and the networking alone is worth going. Give me a call if you interested and I'll hook you up. Work: 307-686-5260. Real name is Jim Brown.

After being here a couple of months and participating in a handful of threads, I thought I should introduce myself. I'm a relatively new (3 months on the job so far) plan reviewer, having come to the job after a 35-year career in architecture. I'm glad to be here, and I'm looking forward to learning more as the days go by.

Craig

Welcome Action Jackson! When your firm gets more into commercial stuff and needs a fire code/protection person, let me know. I want to retire and move to Livingston and can make the short commute through the Pass to do some part time work :)

Welcome Craig,

We generally treat architects pretty good and if you help us hammer the engineers, you'll fit in fine.

Grizzlybare said:
I am a new owner of a commercial building filled with storefronts and potential multi-unit apartments upstairs. ....regarding fire safety for mixed use building(s) in a 100+ year old building?
I have a similar situation - I am a newish owner of a 95 year old building. I think I'll be spending some time over in the fire code forums. I'm so glad to find these forums and thanks in advance to all of you who have done so much to share your knowledge !!

witt13 said:
I have a similar situation - I am a newish owner of a 95 year old building. I think I'll be spending some time over in the fire code forums. I'm so glad to find these forums and thanks in advance to all of you who have done so much to share your knowledge !!
Welcome to the forum.

witt13 said:
WelcomeWe like new buildings old buildings they are all funWhat state are you in?? That helps a lot

FM William Burns said:
Welcome Action Jackson! When your firm gets more into commercial stuff and needs a fire code/protection person, let me know. I want to retire and move to Livingston and can make the short commute through the Pass to do some part time work :)
Alright, I will let you know! But I bet once you get there it will be hard to pull you away from the rivers to do any actual work.

Hello, all. I am new here hoping to expand my knowledge and learn what I can. I am currently a water-based fire sprinkler inspector but am expanding into fire alarm, special hazard suppression, pre-engineered mechanical,and hand held extinguishers. I am based out of Oklahoma but travel the nation. Any help i can get here is much appreciated.

Tomskili said:
Hello, all. I am new here hoping to expand my knowledge and learn what I can. I am currently a water-based fire sprinkler inspector but am expanding into fire alarm, special hazard suppression, pre-engineered mechanical,and hand held extinguishers. I am based out of Oklahoma but travel the nation. Any help i can get here is much appreciated.
Welcome and we are thrilled to have you hear. We encourage you to participate and ask answer anyone's questions that you feel comfortable with.

Tomskili said:
Welcome

You more than likely can help us more than we can help you

How did you find us

Are you able to say what company you work for